- Miss USA thought everyone spoke English—and the internet is not amused Thursday 8:02 PM
- Kanye’s Twitter tirade prompts apology from Drake Thursday 6:00 PM
- Listen to Pitbull cover Toto’s ‘Africa’ for the ‘Aquaman’ soundtrack—or don’t Thursday 4:55 PM
- Nancy Pelosi’s coat is the meme the resistance needed Thursday 4:39 PM
- Oprah says what was really on her mind while she ate bland chicken Thursday 4:00 PM
- Democrats predicted to go in on net neutrality when they take House Thursday 3:33 PM
- Holland Tunnel decorations are a real nightmare before Christmas Thursday 2:12 PM
- Amazon still won’t say whether ICE uses its facial recognition tech Thursday 1:13 PM
- Ninja to host Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:00 PM
- How to stream the NFL’s Week 15 for free Thursday 12:00 PM
- An undecorated room sets off a debate on Twitter Thursday 11:42 AM
- Netflix announces Taylor Swift ‘Reputation’ concert film Thursday 11:29 AM
- People are making memes out of these ‘leaked’ ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ posters Thursday 11:12 AM
- How to watch the Liga MX final between Club América and Cruz Azul online for free Thursday 10:38 AM
- Parents shocked by KKK costumes in school play Thursday 10:11 AM
It’s really happening!
After the huge success of its miniature version of the classic NES console, Nintendo has officially announced it’s debuting a mini version of its SNES.
It too will be miniaturized and pre-loaded with 21 classic games, including favorites like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Super Mario Kart, and Super Metroid. Fans have speculated about launch of the system almost since Nintendo debuted the NES Classic last year. Though very popular among nostalgic Nintendo fans, many had a hard time getting ahold of the console, especially around the holidays. It’s unclear if Nintendo will up production for the SNES Classic.
The mini SNES Classic will launch Sept. 29 at the suggested retail price of $79.99. You can see the full list of games included on the system below.
- Contra III: The Alien Wars™
- Donkey Kong Country™
- Final Fantasy III
- Kirby™ Super Star
- Kirby’s Dream Course™
- The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
- Mega Man® X
- Secret of Mana
- Star Fox™
- Star Fox™ 2
- Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
- Super Castlevania IV™
- Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
- Super Mario Kart™
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
- Super Mario World™
- Super Metroid™
- Super Punch-Out!! ™
- Yoshi’s Island™
According to Nintendo, fans who complete the original Star Fox will unlock a never-before-released Star Fox 2 game.
Sarah Weber is the former editor of Daily Dot’s Parsec section, where she wrote about geek culture. She previously worked as a reporter and editor at community newspapers in the Midwest and was recognized by the Ohio Associated Press for news reporting.