- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich 5 Years Ago
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique 5 Years Ago
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Today 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Today 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Today 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Today 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Today 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Today 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Today 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Today 11:49 AM
- Cardi B defends Dwyane Wade’s daughter during Instagram Live Today 11:45 AM
- YouTube briefly shuts down beloved ‘lofi hip hop radio’ channel, launching a new meme Today 11:42 AM
- Neil deGrasse Tyson points out that Elsa from ‘Frozen’ has ‘horse-sized eyeballs’ Today 10:58 AM
- Republicans as Sanders rises: Watch out, we may vote for Trump Today 10:54 AM
- Amazon series ‘Hunters’ criticized by Auschwitz Memorial over fictionalized scene Today 10:45 AM
Nico Bellic guest stars on a GTA V talent show
Of course a Grand Theft Auto crossover quickly gets violent.
While we may debate the street cred of gangster rappers in the real world, the cred of Grand Theft Auto protagonists is beyond reproach.
Liberty City is the fake New York and Los Santos is the fake Los Angeles in the Grand Theft Auto universe. Other than mentions of one another in either game there is very little crossover between the two cities. Enter YouTube user Jantuu, who specializes in GTA videos and decided to give the main characters in GTA IV a guest appearance on Fame or Shame, the American Idol parody you can watch on television in GTA V.
Jantuu did a pretty good job of voice-sampling Nico Bellic and his cousin Roman, don’t you think? Incorporating Michael, Trevor, and Franklin, the stars of GTA V, was also a nice touch.
Poor Lazlow. It’s bad enough that the former radio star has been reduced to hosting Fame or Shame and being mocked by the judges. Nico Bellic makes the third Grand Theft Auto protagonist to beat Lazlow up. Maybe Lazlow’s luck will change in GTA VI.
Screengrab via JANTSUU/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.