- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
Netflix recently found ultimate Umbrella Academy fans and threw them a wedding inspired by the comic book and Gerard Way-created show. The streaming giant released a video Friday showing the festivities.
“So, love, superheroes, and umbrellas have brought us all here to celebrate the sacred union of Nick and Kat,” the officiator of the wedding announces in the video.
The bride and groom, Nick Vojtek and Katharine Nitshke, work together in a comic book store, and the bride’s maid of honor told a Netflix representative that the company could not have found a more perfect couple to do this for.
“We’re getting married thanks to a comic book,” Vojtek says. “What we’ve gathered from the comics, really, is things can really be dark and stormy all day, everyday. But, with family, everything is going to be okay.”
The wedding, which was held in New York City’s Bryant Park, was decked out with a sea of black umbrellas, including a 60-foot black umbrella, a parade, and a violin player to help set the mood. Black umbrellas are a reoccurring motif in the superhero show, and Ellen Page’s character, Vanya Hargreeves, plays the violin.
“That’s it,” Nitshke says in the video on her wedding day. “That’s what’s going to make me cry, is this damn violin player.”
The Umbrella Academy is available for streaming on Netflix.
Eilish O'Sullivan is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and government at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.