- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting 2 Years Ago
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness 2 Years Ago
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath 2 Years Ago
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Today 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Today 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
Netflix’s ‘Sense8’ returns with 2-hour Christmas special
Created by the Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5), Sense8 is one of Netflix’s most ambitious projects. A sci-fi drama starring eight characters from different parts of the world, its first season aired in 2015.
In the year since season 1, there’s been a significant shake-up in the Sense8 cast. Aml Ameen left the show after season 1, so the Christmas special will introduce Toby Onwumere as his replacement, playing Nairobi bus driver Capheus.
The two-hour Christmas special will be released at 12.01am PT on Dec. 23, with a 10-episode second season arriving in May 2017.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.