- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview 6 Months Ago
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ 6 Months Ago
- The 8-Bit Guy: Why retro tech and restoration isn’t just for ‘old white guys’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 MTV Awards for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why Hillary Clinton is getting blamed for a recent spate of unconnected deaths Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch Nick Jr. online for free Today 5:30 AM
- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
Netflix reveals all-star voice cast for ‘Dark Crystal’ prequel
Taron Egerton (Kingsman franchise), Anya Taylor Joy (The Witch), and Nathalie Emmanuel (Game of Thrones) will lead the all-star voice cast of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Netflix announced Monday.
Age of Resistance is Netflix’s highly anticipated prequel to Jim Henson’s groundbreaking 1982 film The Dark Crystal, which will be produced by the Jim Henson Company. While little is known about the series so far, the unveiling of the voice cast is our biggest insight into the series yet along with first looks at the three main characters. (Fans got a to see an exclusive behind-the-scenes video at New York Comic Con, but otherwise, we’ve only got a teaser from 2017.) The voice cast is a who’s who of genre film and TV including some of the biggest franchises in the world.
Joining them to voice Gelfling characters are Outlander’s Catriona Balfe, Helena Bonham-Carter, Natalie Dormer, Eddie Izzard, Theo James, Toby Jones, Star Trek: Discovery’s Shazad Latif, Alicia Vikander, Harris Dickinson, and Egerton’s Kingsman co-star Mark Strong.
The voice cast portraying Skeksis and Mystics is just as impressive, with Mark Hamill, Jason Isaacs, Harvey Fierstein, Keegan-Michael Key, Simon Pegg, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, and Andy Samberg all voicing characters.
Puppeteers Alice Dinnean, Louise Gold, Neil Sterenberg, and Victor Yerrid will also voice characters, although it’s not specified which characters they’ll portray and operate. Director Louis Leterrier previously iterated the importance of using puppets to bring Age of Resistance to life over using CGI technology.
“It is humbling to see so many truly gifted actors join The Dark Crystal universe by adding their voices to Age of Resistance,” Lisa Henson, the Jim Henson Company’s CEO, said in a statement. “t is thrilling to see this assembled team of artists, puppeteers and now voice actors, many inspired by my father’s original film, work together to realize this unique world—through performance and craft—at a scale that is rarely seen today.”
Netflix’s logline centers the series around Rian, Brea, and Deet’s discovery of a terrible secret and the quest that it sparks.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will debut on Netflix sometime in 2019.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.