- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
Taron Egerton (Kingsman franchise), Anya Taylor Joy (The Witch), and Nathalie Emmanuel (Game of Thrones) will lead the all-star voice cast of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, Netflix announced Monday.
Age of Resistance is Netflix’s highly anticipated prequel to Jim Henson’s groundbreaking 1982 film The Dark Crystal, which will be produced by the Jim Henson Company. While little is known about the series so far, the unveiling of the voice cast is our biggest insight into the series yet along with first looks at the three main characters. (Fans got a to see an exclusive behind-the-scenes video at New York Comic Con, but otherwise, we’ve only got a teaser from 2017.) The voice cast is a who’s who of genre film and TV including some of the biggest franchises in the world.
Joining them to voice Gelfling characters are Outlander’s Catriona Balfe, Helena Bonham-Carter, Natalie Dormer, Eddie Izzard, Theo James, Toby Jones, Star Trek: Discovery’s Shazad Latif, Alicia Vikander, Harris Dickinson, Toby Jones, and Egerton’s Kingsman co-star Mark Strong.
The voice cast portraying Skeksis and Mystics is just as impressive, with Mark Hamill, Jason Isaacs, Harvey Fierstein, Keegan-Michael Key, Simon Pegg, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, and Andy Samberg all voicing characters.
Puppeteers Alice Dinnean, Louise Gold, Neil Sterenberg, and Victor Yerrid will also voice characters, although it’s not specified which characters they’ll portray and operate. Director Louis Leterrier previously iterated the importance of using puppets to bring Age of Resistance to life over using CGI technology.
“It is humbling to see so many truly gifted actors join The Dark Crystal universe by adding their voices to Age of Resistance,” Lisa Henson, the Jim Henson Company’s CEO, said in a statement. “t is thrilling to see this assembled team of artists, puppeteers and now voice actors, many inspired by my father’s original film, work together to realize this unique world—through performance and craft—at a scale that is rarely seen today.”
Netflix’s logline centers the series around Rian, Brea, and Deet’s discovery of a terrible secret and the quest that it sparks.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will debut on Netflix sometime in 2019.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.