- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
Cuphead is about to get the TV adaptation treatment from Netflix.
The streaming service announced Tuesday that it’s teaming up with King Features Syndicate to create an animated series based on the popular and award-winning video game Cuphead. Titled The Cuphead Show!, it’ll expand the world that players were introduced to in the Cuphead game with an old-school animation style that nods to Fleischer cartoons from the ’30s.
Here’s the synopsis of the show from Netflix.
The character-driven comedy follows the unique misadventures of the impulsive Cuphead and his cautious but easily swayed brother Mugman. Through their many misadventures across their surreal home of the Inkwell Isles, they’ve always got one another’s backs.
Executive producers on the series include Cuphead creators Chad and Jared Moldenhauer (for Studio MDHR, which made the Cuphead game); C.J. Kettler (for King Features Syndicate); and Dave Wasson and Cosmo Segurson (for Netflix Animation).
The show is in the early stages, so a release date for the series and much of the show’s plot is still unknown. But the Moldenhauers have indicated that it will tell a different story than the ones that fans have played.
“That is something we don’t quite know just yet,” Chad Moldenhauer told IGN. “But we do know that we are not going to re-tell the game. This is going to explore other things and not just [Don’t Deal With the Devil].”
- Netflix set to lay off the smoking, Chief Hopper likely the one to blame
- Stranger Things 3: The Game is the video game companion to season 3
- ‘Stranger Things’ cast celebrates season 3 with charming social media posts
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.