- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) 3 Weeks Ago
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free 3 Weeks Ago
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
Nathalie Emmanuel pays tribute to Missandei in emotional post
This article contains spoilers for the latest Game of Thrones episode, “The Last of the Starks.”
Games of Thrones‘ Nathalie Emmanuel said goodbye to the beloved Missandei of Naath on Tuesday, stating that the character “represented so much for me, personally, that I have no choice but to carry the things she has taught me into my life going forward.”
Emmanuel played Missandei, a former slave who became Daenerys’ trusted advisor, for seven years. On Sunday’s episode, she was captured by Euron Greyjoy’s army and brought to Cersei as motivation for Daenerys to bend the knee. Her death by beheading was shocking and frustrating to many fans.
Emmanuel didn’t directly address criticism about her character being killing off, especially as the lone woman of color on the series, but she did acknowledge that the episode was “pretty intense for some of you” and that she likes to think Missandei is on a beach somewhere. She also thanked co-stars Emilia Clarke and Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and added that the “Bad Ass Boss Lady Warrior Goddess club will live on forever.”
Anderson also posted a video from “somewhere in the multiverse,” showing him and Emmanuel dancing in character to “My Boo” by Ghost Town DJs.
Need more news from beyond the Wall? Sign up here to receive our weekly Game of Thrones newsletter from in-house expert Michelle Jaworski.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ looks at the aftermath of one war as it dives into another
- HBO digitally removes Starbucks cup from latest ‘Game of Thrones’
- What did Daenerys whisper in Ser Jorah’s ear?
NOW HEAR THIS:
How linguist David J. Peterson created the Dothraki and Valyrian languages for Game of Thrones
Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST, a weekly comedy show where Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.