- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 7 Months Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 7 Months Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
This article contains spoilers for the latest Game of Thrones episode, “The Last of the Starks.”
Games of Thrones‘ Nathalie Emmanuel said goodbye to the beloved Missandei of Naath on Tuesday, stating that the character “represented so much for me, personally, that I have no choice but to carry the things she has taught me into my life going forward.”
Emmanuel played Missandei, a former slave who became Daenerys’ trusted advisor, for seven years. On Sunday’s episode, she was captured by Euron Greyjoy’s army and brought to Cersei as motivation for Daenerys to bend the knee. Her death by beheading was shocking and frustrating to many fans.
Emmanuel didn’t directly address criticism about her character being killing off, especially as the lone woman of color on the series, but she did acknowledge that the episode was “pretty intense for some of you” and that she likes to think Missandei is on a beach somewhere. She also thanked co-stars Emilia Clarke and Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and added that the “Bad Ass Boss Lady Warrior Goddess club will live on forever.”
Anderson also posted a video from “somewhere in the multiverse,” showing him and Emmanuel dancing in character to “My Boo” by Ghost Town DJs.
Need more news from beyond the Wall? Sign up here to receive our weekly Game of Thrones newsletter from in-house expert Michelle Jaworski.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ looks at the aftermath of one war as it dives into another
- HBO digitally removes Starbucks cup from latest ‘Game of Thrones’
- What did Daenerys whisper in Ser Jorah’s ear?
NOW HEAR THIS:
How linguist David J. Peterson created the Dothraki and Valyrian languages for Game of Thrones
Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST, a weekly comedy show where Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.