- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted 5 Months Ago
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Today 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Today 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Today 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Today 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
This article contains spoilers for the latest Game of Thrones episode, “The Last of the Starks.”
Games of Thrones‘ Nathalie Emmanuel said goodbye to the beloved Missandei of Naath on Tuesday, stating that the character “represented so much for me, personally, that I have no choice but to carry the things she has taught me into my life going forward.”
Emmanuel played Missandei, a former slave who became Daenerys’ trusted advisor, for seven years. On Sunday’s episode, she was captured by Euron Greyjoy’s army and brought to Cersei as motivation for Daenerys to bend the knee. Her death by beheading was shocking and frustrating to many fans.
Emmanuel didn’t directly address criticism about her character being killing off, especially as the lone woman of color on the series, but she did acknowledge that the episode was “pretty intense for some of you” and that she likes to think Missandei is on a beach somewhere. She also thanked co-stars Emilia Clarke and Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) and added that the “Bad Ass Boss Lady Warrior Goddess club will live on forever.”
Anderson also posted a video from “somewhere in the multiverse,” showing him and Emmanuel dancing in character to “My Boo” by Ghost Town DJs.
Need more news from beyond the Wall? Sign up here to receive our weekly Game of Thrones newsletter from in-house expert Michelle Jaworski.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ looks at the aftermath of one war as it dives into another
- HBO digitally removes Starbucks cup from latest ‘Game of Thrones’
- What did Daenerys whisper in Ser Jorah’s ear?
NOW HEAR THIS:
How linguist David J. Peterson created the Dothraki and Valyrian languages for Game of Thrones
Introducing 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST, a weekly comedy show where Alli Goldberg and Jen Jamula (two actors who perform bizarre internet content on stage) have hilarious and humanizing conversations with Bronies, top Reddit mods, professional ticklers, video game archaeologists, dating app engineers, adult babies, cuddling specialists, vampires, Jedi, living dolls, and more.
Subscribe to 2 GIRLS 1 PODCAST in your favorite podcast app.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.