IMAX accidentally released ‘The Mummy’ trailer with the wrong audio, and it’s unintentionally hilarious
- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
The incorrect IMAX trailer is missing half of its audio track, exposing Tom Cruise‘s raucous, gutteral screams without the comforting background noise of sound effects. The video was pulled from YouTube pretty fast, but not before several people posted copies elsewhere.
Tom Cruise’s airplane scream moment is a real highlight.
The botched trailer already has its own Reddit thread, and Twitter users are spreading it like wildfire.
If only the original trailer was provoking this level of interest. Although this does kind of feel like cosmic retribution for trying to make another Mummy reboot in the first place.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor