- New Loch Ness monster video may just confirm giant eel theory Wednesday 8:04 PM
- Instagram to restrict posts promoting diet culture and plastic surgery Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Apple wants to trademark ‘Slofie,’ its term for slow-motion selfies Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Fortnite leak reveals a Batman crossover event may be happening Wednesday 5:32 PM
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Wednesday 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Wednesday 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Wednesday 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Wednesday 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Wednesday 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Wednesday 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Wednesday 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Wednesday 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Wednesday 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Wednesday 12:55 PM
How to recreate Mortal Kombat’s gross fight sounds
All it takes is slime and a plunger.
Some slime and a plunger, apparently.
During a live broadcast earlier this week by Netherrealm Studios, we got a behind-the-scenes look at how the magic is made. The team doesn’t squish their hands in some animal guts to simulate intestines being pulled out. Thankfully, it’s much more tame.
If you ever had Nickelodeon slime as a kid, the best part was putting it in a cup and hearing the air escape. That’s because it would sound like farts. And farts are hilarious. Here’s hoping some fart sounds make it into Mortal Kombat X, set for release next month.
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.