- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
Sandra Bullock rocks a sweet pair of ‘Minions’ heels for a good cause
These stilettos aren’t the only fashion items the ‘Minions’ have inspired.
It’s no surprise that sunny, bright yellow was a popular color at the Minions movie premiere in Los Angeles this weekend.
The shoes designed by Rupert Sanderson feature the familiar look of the characters that first appeared in Despicable Me and make quite a statement. According to People, fans will be able to bid on 10 replicas of the shoes signed by Bullock, who voices villain Scralett Overkill in the film, during an online auction at CharityBuzz.com starting Wednesday. Proceeds from the auction will benefit Art + Practice.
Fans eager for a pair of the statement shoes can also purchase a pair online if they have about $820 to spare.
The Sanderson heels are just one example of how the Minions are invading the fashion world ahead of the release of their movie July 10. They are part of the Minions Bello Yellow Collection, which also includes designs by Giles Deacon, Piers Atkinson, and more.
British Vogue even created a documentary-style video taking a funny look at “the influence of the yellow army on the history of international style” including interviews with some of the designers from the Bello Yellow Collection and other big names in fashion.
Considering all the ways the minions have managed to take hold in our culture, their classic yellow look showing up in the fashion world isn’t a shock, especially as a way to advertise their movie. But, the number of well-known names embracing Minions high-fashion is still impressive. It just might make minion yellow the trendy color of summer.
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.