- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Today 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live Today 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Today 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Today 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Today 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Today 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Today 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Today 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games Today 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Today 12:20 PM
- Reddit mods restore Tiananmen Square image after censorship claims Today 12:18 PM
- Billie Eilish parody takes dad jokes to a whole new level Today 11:52 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Ravens in NFL preseason action Today 11:26 AM
- How to create your very own Instagram hoax Today 11:15 AM
- ‘Spider-Man’ fans want to ‘storm’ Sony’s office in New York to protest him leaving the MCU Today 11:13 AM
We got great new looks at The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Hideo Kojima’s cryptic Death Stranding at The Game Awards on Thursday night, but perhaps the biggest news of the night was a lengthy look at Mass Effect Andromeda.
BioWare’s Aaron Flynn took the stage to thank fans for their patience, promising a game that will delight both Mass Effect die-hards and those new to the series. A five-minute narrated clip shows off combat, vehicle exploration, and the protagonist’s many powers.
This is the most we’ve seen of Andromeda in action, and gives a good sense of how the game will be structured. There’s a focus on the open world this time around, offering players the choice to visit large, bustling cities or trek out into vast alien landscapes. Players control one of the Ryder twins, known as the Pathfinder, a soldier and explorer looking for humanity’s new home.
We also see some of the weapons and powers that Ryder can use, including a new environment scanner.
But not everything will be unfamiliar in this new galaxy. Popular Mass Effect alien races like the Krogan and Turians appear in this footage, joining the Asari and Solarians we have seen in previous clips.
Mass Effect Andromeda is due out sometime in 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
AJ Moser is a Brooklyn-based reporter who focuses on video games, movies, and internet culture. His work has appeared in Paste Magazine, Game Informer, and Big Spaceship.