- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans Friday 3:54 PM
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump Friday 3:39 PM
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Friday 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Friday 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Friday 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Friday 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Friday 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Friday 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Friday 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Friday 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Friday 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Friday 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Friday 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Friday 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Friday 9:27 AM
The first ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ teaser is here—and it will blow you away
Mary Poppins is back—and she’s floating down to Earth on her own coattails.
The teaser trailer for Mary Poppins Returns debuted at the Oscars Sunday night, giving us our first look at the decades-in-the-making sequel. It doesn’t reveal much, but it does capture the thrill of Mary (Emily Blunt) riding in on a kite in the midst of a blustery day while lamplighter Jack (Lin-Manuel Miranda) and a young child look on in amazement.
Though characters may not look familiar to us, their names and celebrity portrayals certainly are. Emily Mortimer and Ben Whishaw play an adult Jane and Michael Banks, giving Mary (and us) old friends to reconnect with.
Mary Poppins Returns will debut in theaters Dec. 24.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.