- Man delighted to find 30-year-old computer still works Sunday 5:32 PM
- Report: Google used shell companies to build data centers, obtain tax breaks Sunday 3:38 PM
- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ Sunday 2:24 PM
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case (updated) Sunday 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Sunday 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Sunday 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
Hulu is getting into the Marvel business with ‘Runaways’
The announcement came Wednesday morning ahead of Hulu’s upfront presentation to advertisers in New York. Gossip Girl creators Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage will serve as showrunners for the series, which is an adaptation of Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona’s original run. Like the comics, it’ll center around a group of teenagers who unite to face off against their supervillain parents.
Hulu first ordered a pilot and a number of scripts for the series last year with an intent to move forward with production. Marvel announced the main cast of the show in February, which featured the inclusivity of the original comic book series.
Although an official teaser wasn’t immediately released, a sizzle reel shown to reporters at the Hulu upfront was posted online. Reporters were also given a first look at the characters, whose looks closely resemble that of their comic counterparts.
— Jack Rico (@JackRicofficial) May 3, 2017
Our first look at the main characters in Hulu's THE RUNAWAYS series! pic.twitter.com/mHH1ORvD0b
— MCU News & Tweets (@MCU_Tweets) May 3, 2017
According to Variety, Runaways will debut this winter.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.