- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Wednesday 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Wednesday 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Wednesday 12:17 PM
Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise
The auction is happening through Prop Store, which regularly hosts auctions for Hollywood props and costumes. It’s based in Los Angeles, but yes, you can definitely bid online at eBay. Just don’t hold your breath about affording recognizable items like Daredevil’s mask.
Prop Store is going to sell 750 lots in total, but right now the website only shows a gallery of highlights like Misty Knight’s bionic arm, Luke Cage’s swear jar, and Matt Murdock’s trademark red glasses.
Prop Store, in association with Marvel Entertainment, is proud to announce the MARVEL TELEVISION LIVE AUCTION.https://t.co/LemXHjagOb
Coming this August, bid on lots from Marvel's Daredevil, Marvel's Luke Cage, and Marvel's Iron Fist. Subscribe for updates today! pic.twitter.com/5gbRH4kLpK
— Prop Store (@propstore_com) March 21, 2019
The auction closes in August, so you have plenty of time to scope out the props and (let’s face it) save up some cash. Who knows when a Marvel prop sword might come in useful?
Ultimately, this is a mixed blessing for Defenders fans. People will be excited to get their hands on some of this loot, but if Marvel is getting rid of this much stuff, that suggests we won’t see more of these shows anytime soon. If Marvel was working on a revival at Disney Plus, wouldn’t they need to keep more of these key props and costumes?
- MCU Phase 1: The rise of the Avengers
- MCU Phase 2: All the movies you need to see
- MCU Phase 3: Why it’s the best in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- MCU Phase 4: Everything we know so far
- Ranking the best Marvel series on Netflix
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor