- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray in the Champions League Today 2:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League Monday 11:00 PM
- Russian bots targeting Joe Biden on Instagram Monday 10:04 PM
- TikTok takes down 2 dozen ISIS accounts being used for recruitment Monday 9:38 PM
- British judge refuses to delay WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s extradition hearing Monday 8:01 PM
- Indicted Giuliani associate Lev Parnas’ private Instagram filled with Trump connections Monday 7:22 PM
- ‘Bomboclaat’ is the new ‘sco pa tu manaa’ Monday 7:00 PM
- Lori Harvey reportedly trying to walk away from car crash spawns memes Monday 6:00 PM
- In Netflix’s ‘Upstarts,’ Silicon Valley CEOs are the good guys Monday 4:35 PM
- This video of a tree struck by lightning is… relatable? Monday 4:13 PM
- How to watch ‘Keeping Faith’ Monday 3:37 PM
- ‘South Park’ at the center of $500 million streaming war Monday 3:16 PM
- Pizza Hut and Papa John’s employees pranked into talking to each other on the phone Monday 2:34 PM
- Twitter bullies brought Jordan Peterson to tears Monday 2:24 PM
- 25 last-minute Halloween costumes for those with no time to shop Monday 1:30 PM
The top 3 deadliest Marvel characters
Let’s just say we’re really glad Deadpool and Wolverine have kept their rivalry on a low simmer.
All this time, we have may been asking the wrong question. Forget facing off a single horse-sized duck versus 100 duck-sized horses. As this intimidating new infographic shows, we’d be no match against a single duck-sized Deadpool.
Cosplayers and comics fans in the U.K. are probably familiar with Morph Costumes, the high-end costume maker that creates everything from simple face masks to giant animatronic killer robots. Now, in honor of this week’s London Comic Con, the website has created a special infographic examining which of Marvel‘s superheroes spend as much time wreaking havoc as they spend saving the Earth.
Morph Costumes’ Mark Porter explained the project:
[W]e combed through the entire Marvel database, to find out which characters are the most deadly according to the number of people they’ve killed… A lot of research went into making the piece, and we’re really proud of it.
On the site’s blog, he added, “We’ve had furious debates over this in the MorphCostumes office, pitting characters against one another in imaginary fights to the death.”
But the stats don’t lie: Wolverine, Deadpool, and The Punisher have the most kills to their names according to their research. Meanwhile wholesome heroes like Captain America have only racked up a paltry six kills, while Daredevil has probably killed more people in the TV show based on his exploits than he has in his entire comic book history—he doesn’t even make it onto the list.
As the “notable kills” section highlights, Wolverine not only has significantly more blood on his hands than anyone else in the Marvel universe—he has more personally traumatic deaths on his hands, most notably his former girlfriend and fellow Jean Grey. And apart from the Collective, who’s less a character than a wayward collection of powers, only Iron Man comes close to Wolverine when it comes to killing other heroes. Only one of Tony Stark’s 11 kills, Mallen, has actually been evil. Geez, guys. Whose side are you on, again?
Oddly enough, if we subtract Wolverine’s 13 “good” and “neutral” kills from his total, he’s only downed a few more villains than his anti-hero counterparts, Deadpool and The Punisher.
Superheroing is a messy business.
Illustration by leofiger/deviantART (CC BY 3.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.