- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Check out this Instagram Mark Hamill’s son took from the set of ‘Star Wars’
With Star Wars news scarce, people are paying particular attention to this photo from Mark Hamill.
News from the Star Wars set is pretty scarce these days, with strictest secrecy (despite all of the leaks) as filming resumes this month after Harrison Ford broke his leg on-set, but the latest on-set photo from Mark Hamill has Twitter in a tizzy.
Hamill posted the photo of himself earlier today, which was originally taken by his son Nathan as part of a series of photos of Lava Bear, a “vibrant, ursine-esque creature” that Nathan’s been taking with him throughout the U.K.
“This is as close as Lava Bear got to the action (since he was barred from the set),” Hamill wrote.
For some, it might’ve been the first time they’ve seen Hamill with the “contractually obligated beard” he had to grow for his role as an older Luke Skywalker in Episode VII. Even though we won’t see anything for months, it’s plenty for deprived fans to get excited over.
Okay, this picture of Mark Hamill looking very Ben Kenobi is givin’ me the goodtimes. pic.twitter.com/wpEYkHcocd
— Matt Gourley (@MattGourley) August 13, 2014
— Brian Lloyd (@BrianMLloyd) August 13, 2014
— Andy Gray (@andrewsgray) August 13, 2014
Hell yes! Mark Hamill is going to look freaking bad ass in the new Star Wars. pic.twitter.com/pd2rtDz5u0
— Elias Toufexis (@EliasToufexis) August 13, 2014
Mark hamill looks like a bad ass now haha
— darth baber (@kyleworrix) August 13, 2014
Hamill’s reappearance at Pinewood Studios corroborates previous reports that Star Wars will begin filming soon.
But Hamill’s not the only one offering hints. After the Star Wars: Force for Change charity drive ended with thousands of people raising more than $4 million for UNICEF, Episode VII director J.J. Abrams tweeted out a new photo from the set to celebrate—one that may have even give some credit to a previous leak, something he’s done before. And just like last time, it answers both nothing and everything.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) August 11, 2014
Photo via Iconosquare
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.