- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
Check out this Instagram Mark Hamill’s son took from the set of ‘Star Wars’
With Star Wars news scarce, people are paying particular attention to this photo from Mark Hamill.
News from the Star Wars set is pretty scarce these days, with strictest secrecy (despite all of the leaks) as filming resumes this month after Harrison Ford broke his leg on-set, but the latest on-set photo from Mark Hamill has Twitter in a tizzy.
Hamill posted the photo of himself earlier today, which was originally taken by his son Nathan as part of a series of photos of Lava Bear, a “vibrant, ursine-esque creature” that Nathan’s been taking with him throughout the U.K.
“This is as close as Lava Bear got to the action (since he was barred from the set),” Hamill wrote.
For some, it might’ve been the first time they’ve seen Hamill with the “contractually obligated beard” he had to grow for his role as an older Luke Skywalker in Episode VII. Even though we won’t see anything for months, it’s plenty for deprived fans to get excited over.
Okay, this picture of Mark Hamill looking very Ben Kenobi is givin’ me the goodtimes. pic.twitter.com/wpEYkHcocd
— Matt Gourley (@MattGourley) August 13, 2014
— Brian Lloyd (@BrianMLloyd) August 13, 2014
— Andy Gray (@andrewsgray) August 13, 2014
Hell yes! Mark Hamill is going to look freaking bad ass in the new Star Wars. pic.twitter.com/pd2rtDz5u0
— Elias Toufexis (@EliasToufexis) August 13, 2014
Mark hamill looks like a bad ass now haha
— darth baber (@kyleworrix) August 13, 2014
Hamill’s reappearance at Pinewood Studios corroborates previous reports that Star Wars will begin filming soon.
But Hamill’s not the only one offering hints. After the Star Wars: Force for Change charity drive ended with thousands of people raising more than $4 million for UNICEF, Episode VII director J.J. Abrams tweeted out a new photo from the set to celebrate—one that may have even give some credit to a previous leak, something he’s done before. And just like last time, it answers both nothing and everything.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) August 11, 2014
Photo via Iconosquare
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.