- The 2020 guide to live TV streaming for cord cutters 6 Years Ago
- Popular dating app Growlr just suspended its users 6 Years Ago
- Apple warns coronavirus expected to cause iPhone ‘supply shortages’ Monday 7:59 PM
- Will ‘The Bachelor’ end without an engagement? Monday 7:44 PM
- This ‘Little Women’ scene just became a meme Monday 7:03 PM
- Playable version of Blizzard’s ‘StarCraft: Ghost’ leaks online nearly 15 years after cancelation Monday 6:31 PM
- This Twitter extension can block unsolicited nudes from your inbox Monday 6:01 PM
- Jeffree Star wears cornrows after being accused of cultural appropriation Monday 4:49 PM
- Jeff Bezos says he’ll commit $10 billion to combat climate change Monday 4:18 PM
- A TikTok user went on a mission to turn his urine blue by chugging food coloring Monday 3:55 PM
- YouTuber’s vacation in ‘Bali’ was actually staged at Ikea Monday 3:14 PM
- Video shows liquor store manager calling employee ‘f*cking worthless’ Monday 1:16 PM
- Instagram influencer scams followers out of $1.5 million Monday 12:22 PM
- Why did the Israeli military tweet this thirst trap? Monday 10:43 AM
- Jake Paul wants you to have financial freedom… by paying him a monthly fee Monday 10:40 AM
Check out this Instagram Mark Hamill’s son took from the set of ‘Star Wars’
With Star Wars news scarce, people are paying particular attention to this photo from Mark Hamill.
News from the Star Wars set is pretty scarce these days, with strictest secrecy (despite all of the leaks) as filming resumes this month after Harrison Ford broke his leg on-set, but the latest on-set photo from Mark Hamill has Twitter in a tizzy.
Hamill posted the photo of himself earlier today, which was originally taken by his son Nathan as part of a series of photos of Lava Bear, a “vibrant, ursine-esque creature” that Nathan’s been taking with him throughout the U.K.
“This is as close as Lava Bear got to the action (since he was barred from the set),” Hamill wrote.
For some, it might’ve been the first time they’ve seen Hamill with the “contractually obligated beard” he had to grow for his role as an older Luke Skywalker in Episode VII. Even though we won’t see anything for months, it’s plenty for deprived fans to get excited over.
Okay, this picture of Mark Hamill looking very Ben Kenobi is givin’ me the goodtimes. pic.twitter.com/wpEYkHcocd
— Matt Gourley (@MattGourley) August 13, 2014
— Brian Lloyd (@BrianMLloyd) August 13, 2014
— Andy Gray (@andrewsgray) August 13, 2014
Hell yes! Mark Hamill is going to look freaking bad ass in the new Star Wars. pic.twitter.com/pd2rtDz5u0
— Elias Toufexis (@EliasToufexis) August 13, 2014
Mark hamill looks like a bad ass now haha
— darth baber (@kyleworrix) August 13, 2014
Hamill’s reappearance at Pinewood Studios corroborates previous reports that Star Wars will begin filming soon.
But Hamill’s not the only one offering hints. After the Star Wars: Force for Change charity drive ended with thousands of people raising more than $4 million for UNICEF, Episode VII director J.J. Abrams tweeted out a new photo from the set to celebrate—one that may have even give some credit to a previous leak, something he’s done before. And just like last time, it answers both nothing and everything.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) August 11, 2014
Photo via Iconosquare
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.