- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
Check out this Instagram Mark Hamill’s son took from the set of ‘Star Wars’
With Star Wars news scarce, people are paying particular attention to this photo from Mark Hamill.
News from the Star Wars set is pretty scarce these days, with strictest secrecy (despite all of the leaks) as filming resumes this month after Harrison Ford broke his leg on-set, but the latest on-set photo from Mark Hamill has Twitter in a tizzy.
Hamill posted the photo of himself earlier today, which was originally taken by his son Nathan as part of a series of photos of Lava Bear, a “vibrant, ursine-esque creature” that Nathan’s been taking with him throughout the U.K.
“This is as close as Lava Bear got to the action (since he was barred from the set),” Hamill wrote.
For some, it might’ve been the first time they’ve seen Hamill with the “contractually obligated beard” he had to grow for his role as an older Luke Skywalker in Episode VII. Even though we won’t see anything for months, it’s plenty for deprived fans to get excited over.
Okay, this picture of Mark Hamill looking very Ben Kenobi is givin’ me the goodtimes. pic.twitter.com/wpEYkHcocd
— Matt Gourley (@MattGourley) August 13, 2014
— Brian Lloyd (@BrianMLloyd) August 13, 2014
— Andy Gray (@andrewsgray) August 13, 2014
Hell yes! Mark Hamill is going to look freaking bad ass in the new Star Wars. pic.twitter.com/pd2rtDz5u0
— Elias Toufexis (@EliasToufexis) August 13, 2014
Mark hamill looks like a bad ass now haha
— darth baber (@kyleworrix) August 13, 2014
Hamill’s reappearance at Pinewood Studios corroborates previous reports that Star Wars will begin filming soon.
But Hamill’s not the only one offering hints. After the Star Wars: Force for Change charity drive ended with thousands of people raising more than $4 million for UNICEF, Episode VII director J.J. Abrams tweeted out a new photo from the set to celebrate—one that may have even give some credit to a previous leak, something he’s done before. And just like last time, it answers both nothing and everything.
— Bad Robot (@bad_robot) August 11, 2014
Photo via Iconosquare
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.