- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm 2 Years Ago
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
Warning: This article contains minor spoilers for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi is filled to the brim with cameos as it casts some of the most recognizable faces and voices from our world as nameless soldiers, eclectic creatures, and even minor characters with a bit of backstory. That includes one of the biggest names of Star Wars, who found himself in a second role fans are still trying to pinpoint.
Fans who stayed for the credits at the end of The Last Jedi were treated to an additional surprise. Along with reprising his role as Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill had a second role in the movie, a character going by the name “Dobbu Scay.”
Not much is known about Dobbu Scay, which is an anagram of Last Jedi editor Bob Duscay’s name. The character appears somewhere in Canto Bight, the high-rolling casino Finn (John Boyega) and Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran) visit during the movie. The entire sequence features a wide variety of human and alien characters, and while some of them have been identified by face and name so far, Hamill’s second character is an exception to that.
Dobbu Scay is not listed at all in the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Visual Dictionary and doesn’t yet have its own Wookieepedia entry, so fans are still trying to figure out which character Hamill played. Some fans have zeroed in on the Canto Bight patron who keeps trying to place coins into BB-8 as if the droid were a slot machine, a character which Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo said is “the secondary role someone very prominent in the cast plays.”
I'll just say this - he's listed in the credits as the second role someone very prominent in the cast plays. 🙂— Pablo Hidalgo (@pablohidalgo) December 16, 2017
Hamill hasn’t confirmed what Dobbu Scay—a character “with a name goofier than Dooku”—looks like, but he talked about the second role he played over the weekend. According to Entertainment Weekly, Hamill, who has had years of experience as a voice actor, wanted to play a character in Canto Bight, a request that director Rian Johnson granted.
“I said I’d love to do a CGI thing, and he said sure,” Hamill said. “And I got to go to the set of the casino and see in detail 150 extras in jaw-dropping costumes.”
When you return for seconds, make sure to pay close attention to that Canto Bight scene.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.