- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
Warning: This post may include a minor spoiler for Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Mark Hamill isn’t in Solo: A Star Wars Story. Well, not to our knowledge, anyway. But that didn’t stop him from spoiling a potential cameo during an interview with the Cape Up with Jonathan Capehart podcast.
The cameo in question is C-3PO. Actor Anthony Daniels played the droid in every Star Wars movie to date, and Hamill accidentally revealed he’ll appear in Solo too. “Daniels was so happy, ’cause he’s in every single Star Wars movie,” said Hamill. “Every single one. All the prequels, he’s in Rogue One, he’s in Solo. Whoops!”
“That’s not such a reveal,” he added hastily. “All Star Wars fans expect him to be in every movie.”
- 11 dark facts about Darth Maul, the tragic Star Wars Sith Lord
- The fascinating history of the Star Wars movie logos
- The best order to watch the Star Wars movies
Except it kind of is a big reveal. Until now, we had no idea C-3PO would be in this movie. It made sense for R2-D2 and C-3PO to appear in Rogue One because they were already part of the Rebel Alliance, working with Bail Organa. But as far as we know right now, Han met R2 and Threepio for the first time in A New Hope. That seemingly ruled out a Solo cameo, especially since you don’t expect a classy droid like C-3PO to show up in the kind of places where Han and Lando hang out. Could their paths overlap while Threepio is on some kind of mission for the rebels?
Digital Spy theorizes that Anthony Daniels could have a brief cameo in a different role, but honestly, C-3PO is the most likely option. If so, this also raises another question. Will R2-D2 be there too? You’ll find out on May 25.
H/T to Digital Spy
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor