- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
More than a year after Donald Trump lambasted him in the Republican presidential primary, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) says he’s finally learned the reason why he didn’t win the election: He didn’t watch Game of Thrones.
“If I’d have watched [Game of Thrones] two years ago, I would’ve been president,” Rubio said, via the Independent Journal Review. “It’s got a lot of good strategies.”
Clearly, Rubio was joking. But he also might be making a decent point.
If he had taken on the male persona of Daenerys Targaryen, who doesn’t mind burning alive a political enemy, perhaps he would have a had a shot at winning the Oval Office. Instead, he made a reference to Trump having a small penis in a debate, got saddled with the Trump nickname “Little Marco,” and got destroyed in the primary of his home state of Florida before dropping out of the race.
Turns out Rubio was more like Jon Arryn, killed off early in the show’s timeline.
And just in case it wasn’t clear that Rubio was fooling around.
also hate that I have to do this disclaimer for Earnest Twitter® but this was very clearly a joke he was making— Haley Byrd (@byrdinator) October 3, 2017
thanks I thought he was being 100% serious about murdering people for political gain— David Wright (@DavidWright_CNN) October 3, 2017
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.