- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
- Review: The Joule is a pricey, sleek, easy-to-use entry into sous vide Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Saints vs. Rams in NFL Week 2 action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Redskins in Week 2 action Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Seahawks in Week 2 NFL action Saturday 7:30 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unbelievable’ examines the nature of victimhood and the long road to justice Saturday 7:30 AM
Combining elements of basketball, rugby, and hide-and-seek (the golden snitch is played by a human player), muggle quidditch is marvel of geek ingenuity. And on the weekend of Nov. 12-13, you can livestream some real games online.
Competitive quidditch is serious business in college campuses across Canada and the USA, and is growing in popularity worldwide.
There are now multiple national and international tournaments, including this weekend’s Canadian regional championships, which you can watch on SportsCanada’s livestreaming site. More than 20 games will be broadcast, with live commentary throughout.
For many Harry Potter fans, real-life quidditch is a fun idea that probably inspires some curiosity, but seems too inaccessible to really get involved. Livestreaming is a good way to casually dip your toe into the world of muggle quidditch, without having to track down your local league.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor