- Elon Musk seriously just hosted PewDiePie’s meme review Friday 6:27 PM
- Netflix throws ‘Umbrella Academy’-themed wedding for fans Friday 4:54 PM
- Report: Facebook collects app data on users’ body weight, menstrual cycles Friday 3:38 PM
- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions Friday 2:47 PM
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update Friday 2:34 PM
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Friday 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Friday 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Friday 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Friday 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Friday 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Friday 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Friday 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Friday 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Friday 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Friday 10:16 AM
After years of hints in Supergirl, Lois Lane is finally joining the CW’s Arrowverse franchise.
Lois Lane’s younger sister Lucy is already a recurring character in Supergirl, played by Jenna Dewan-Tatum. Thanks to the show’s focus on journalism, Lois has been mentioned several times in passing, usually discussed as a rival of Supergirl’s mentor Cat Grant. She’s a long-awaited addition to the cast, and she’ll arrive during the next Arrowverse crossover event between Supergirl, Arrow, and The Flash. Airing in December, this crossover will also introduce Ruby Rose as Batwoman. Tyler Hoechlin will return as Superman.
The CW hasn’t announced the actress yet, but since Lois is older than Jenna Dewan-Tatum (37) and is already a seasoned reporter, she could be around 40 compared to Tyler Hoechlin’s 30. (Remember, Superman doesn’t really age like a human.) In the character announcement this week, Supergirl‘s showrunners emphasized Lois’s journalism skills, which will presumably tie into December’s crossover storyline.
“We couldn’t be more excited to introduce Lois Lane to the Arrowverse. This dogged, determined and brave reporter will make for a strong partner to Superman and amazing addition to our universe of DC characters.”
Lois is also due to star alongside Lex Luthor in a Superman prequel show called Metropolis, airing on the DC streaming service DC Universe. This will be separate from the Arrowverse franchise, so if Supergirl‘s Lois becomes a recurring character, we may wind up with two Lois Lanes on TV at once.
The Arrowverse crossover event begins on Dec. 9, airing over three nights on the CW.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.