- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers 1 Year Ago
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
Remember that definitely not real campaign to raise funds and remake The Last Jedi? It received plenty of ridicule and mockery from fans and creatives alike, and although its chances of going forward are nearly nonexistent, it already has a fitting poster.
The poster, which was created by graphic artist Fernando Reza and is available to purchase, has a little bit of everything. Although it keeps the reddish tones that The Last Jedi invoked through Snoke’s throne room and Crait, the rest of the poster is a loud takedown of the fanboy culture that suggested a remake in the first place.
Both Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren are ripped, with the latter showing off the eight-pack abs we know he really has. Snoke has a new method of projection, BB-8 is carrying a baseball bat, there are guns and lightsabers. Rey, on the other hand, is serving up a porg right out of the oven while Leia was put back into the bikini she hated so much.
And did you like the Death Star homage in The Force Awakens? The Last Jedi has even more Death Stars—three of them!
“Poster done, now all we need is a script, a cast, the rights, a director, money, and talent,” Reza wrote.
My teaser poster for the Last Jedi Remake is now up in the shop. Poster done, now all we need is a script, a cast, the rights, a director, money, and talent. https://t.co/PhEdA1CHYY #RemakeTheLastJedi #JulyTheSecondBeWithYou pic.twitter.com/j8VczWNHX4— Fernando Reza (@frodesignco) July 2, 2018
According to the poster, The Last Jedi remake is “a film by a bunch of dudes from the internet.”
It already got the seal of approval from Rian Johnson himself, who has taken to trolling the attempt to remake his film.
😂— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) July 3, 2018
And if you think it’s missing something (whether it’s “shoulder pads or lightning,” chances are someone will have you covered.
There. Fixed. pic.twitter.com/7oQVSS6zMF— The Cantina Cast (@theCantinaCast) July 3, 2018
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.