- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Today 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Today 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Today 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Today 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Today 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Today 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Today 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Today 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Today 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Today 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Today 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Today 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Today 8:34 AM
- How to stream Bellator 218 for free Today 8:00 AM
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Us’ is already a meme gold mine Today 7:18 AM
The haters will love this.
Remember that definitely not real campaign to raise funds and remake The Last Jedi? It received plenty of ridicule and mockery from fans and creatives alike, and although its chances of going forward are nearly nonexistent, it already has a fitting poster.
The poster, which was created by graphic artist Fernando Reza and is available to purchase, has a little bit of everything. Although it keeps the reddish tones that The Last Jedi invoked through Snoke’s throne room and Crait, the rest of the poster is a loud takedown of the fanboy culture that suggested a remake in the first place.
Both Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren are ripped, with the latter showing off the eight-pack abs we know he really has. Snoke has a new method of projection, BB-8 is carrying a baseball bat, there are guns and lightsabers. Rey, on the other hand, is serving up a porg right out of the oven while Leia was put back into the bikini she hated so much.
And did you like the Death Star homage in The Force Awakens? The Last Jedi has even more Death Stars—three of them!
“Poster done, now all we need is a script, a cast, the rights, a director, money, and talent,” Reza wrote.
My teaser poster for the Last Jedi Remake is now up in the shop. Poster done, now all we need is a script, a cast, the rights, a director, money, and talent. https://t.co/PhEdA1CHYY #RemakeTheLastJedi #JulyTheSecondBeWithYou pic.twitter.com/j8VczWNHX4
— Fernando Reza (@frodesignco) July 2, 2018
According to the poster, The Last Jedi remake is “a film by a bunch of dudes from the internet.”
It already got the seal of approval from Rian Johnson himself, who has taken to trolling the attempt to remake his film.
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) July 3, 2018
And if you think it’s missing something (whether it’s “shoulder pads or lightning,” chances are someone will have you covered.
There. Fixed. pic.twitter.com/7oQVSS6zMF
— The Cantina Cast (@theCantinaCast) July 3, 2018
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.