- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Today 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Today 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Today 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Today 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Today 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Today 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. 49ers in NFL Week 6 action Saturday 3:05 PM
- Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist Saturday 2:03 PM
Remember that absolutely hilarious 2016 Saturday Night Live skit where Kylo Ren went undercover as “Matt” the radar technician in a fake episode of Undercover Boss? Well, if you don’t remember (or never saw it) please check it out before reading on because it is great. It’s also the only way you can fully relish the fantastic news that SNL’s Kylo Ren as “Matt the radar technician” is now a playable character in Star Wars Battlefront 2.
It isn’t easy to be the commander of the First Order, a regime dedicated to dominating the universe, and Kylo knows it. “You get so caught up in restoring the galaxy to its rightful state, that you miss what’s going on behind the scenes,” boss Kylo explains in the skit. His undercover disguise is supposed to allow him to have some real talk with some real folks—and it does. He connects with employees. Learns that the work they do is valuable and hard. He even offers condolences for murdering the son of an employee by personally delivering a card.
In short, Kylo Ren as Matt the radar technician is a more sensitive version of himself. Well, except for the fact that he murders personnel for simply touching him and angrily throws a dangerous lightsaber at a wall. It’s no surprise this hilarious SNL character inspired a developer to take him into the gaming world.
To play as “Matt,” head over to NexusMods and download the mod. The character comes equipped with Matt’s signature orange work belt, a blonde wig, and that notorious lightsaber. It even quotes the skit while you’re battling on the Starkiller Base. Sadly, the character mod will only work in the arcade and competitive modes of the PC version of Star Wars Battlefront 2. (Sorry, PS4 and Xbox One players).
Check out the mod in action below:
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.