- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
‘Big Hero 6’ is coming to Kingdom Hearts III
The game may not have a release date, but it keeps getting better and better.
The Kingdom Hearts series has had a devoted following since the release of the original PlayStation 2 game in 2002. They feature a combination of action, role-playing, and puzzles, and they star a mix of original characters, characters from the Disney animated films, and characters from the Final Fantasy universe. Some of the levels in the games are drawn from Disney films, and the series is continuing that theme with a Kingdom Hearts III level based on the city of San Fransokyo from Big Hero 6.
Roy Conli, a producer at Walt Disney Animation Studios, explained why Big Hero 6 was such a great fit for a Kingdom Hearts game.
Kingdom Hearts III will be the third original game in the series to appear on consoles. Several games were released for handheld systems, and older games were remixed for modern platforms.
Screengrab via Kingdom Hearts/YouTube
Dennis Scimeca was the Daily Dot's gaming reporter until 2016. He loves first-person shooters, role-playing games, and massively multiplayer online games. His work has appeared in Salon, NPR, Ars Technica, Kotaku, Polygon, Gamasutra, GamesBeat, Paste, and Mic.