- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting 11 Months Ago
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness 11 Months Ago
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath 11 Months Ago
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns 11 Months Ago
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year 11 Months Ago
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Today 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Today 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Today 1:51 PM
- YouTube time traveler says he saw a dinosaur—in the future Today 1:47 PM
- Why is Netflix changing the viewing order for ‘Love, Death & Robots’? Today 12:47 PM
- Elizabeth Holmes’ deep voice captivates and confuses the internet Today 12:40 PM
- These cat purses have everything you need (including balls) Today 12:22 PM
- Smooth dude gets girl’s number with a ‘choose your own adventure’ RPG on Tinder Today 12:20 PM
- Beto O’Rourke reportedly pranked his wife with a ‘verdant turd’ Today 12:13 PM
- The Disney-Fox deal is finalized Today 12:08 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3 will include old-school mini-games based on classic Disney cartoons
Kingdom Hearts 3 will introduce fans to brand new worlds to explore, but new footage reveals that the game will also feature a more retro turn.
The reveal, which came courtesy of a new trailer that first aired at the Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] Dandelion Meeting, features Sora—the protagonist of Kingdom Hearts—being handed a handheld gaming device. When he activates it, he’s able to play a number of mini-games that are “inspired by classic Disney cartoons and 1980’s LCD games.” (Kingdom Hearts Insider says that the device within the game contains more than 20 LCD mini-games in total.)
The Kingdom Hearts series already drew on Disney classics like Steamboat Willie for one of its worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2. That world also used other early Mickey Mouse cartoons, but the homages in the minigames are more explicit as The Barnyard Battle, Giantland, Musical Farmer, and The Karnival Kid all feature in the trailer.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.