- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Wednesday 12:24 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3 will include old-school mini-games based on classic Disney cartoons
Kingdom Hearts 3 will introduce fans to brand new worlds to explore, but new footage reveals that the game will also feature a more retro turn.
The reveal, which came courtesy of a new trailer that first aired at the Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] Dandelion Meeting, features Sora—the protagonist of Kingdom Hearts—being handed a handheld gaming device. When he activates it, he’s able to play a number of mini-games that are “inspired by classic Disney cartoons and 1980’s LCD games.” (Kingdom Hearts Insider says that the device within the game contains more than 20 LCD mini-games in total.)
The Kingdom Hearts series already drew on Disney classics like Steamboat Willie for one of its worlds in Kingdom Hearts 2. That world also used other early Mickey Mouse cartoons, but the homages in the minigames are more explicit as The Barnyard Battle, Giantland, Musical Farmer, and The Karnival Kid all feature in the trailer.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.