- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Celebrity-themed decoration puns are already one of the greatest additions to our collective holiday traditions with Wreath Witherspoon and a Chris Pine, but Star Wars: The Last Jedi star Kelly Marie Tran’s Christmas gift this year is more than worthy of becoming the next great holiday tree-dition.
It’s no secret that much of the Last Jedi cast are huge fans of fellow castmate Laura Dern, who plays Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in the film, so two of Tran’s friends gifted her a “Laura Fern.” The Laura Fern is a small silver tree adorned with photos of Dern that sparkles when the light hits it, and Tran already has a fitting holiday tune for it.
Among the fern’s fans? Dern herself.
“Oh my gosh. Merry Christmas, everybody,” Dern commented. “This is genius and hilarious. How arrogant will I sound if I say all I want for Christmas is a…#laurafern? Especially sitting next to my #wreathwitherspoon. Ok, next Christmas.”
Luckily, with nearly a year before next Christmas we’ve all got plenty of time to properly decorate our own Laura Ferns.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.