- Indie game publisher announces Playdate, a console with a hand crank Wednesday 8:18 PM
- How to get The Sims 4 for free Wednesday 7:45 PM
- Trump’s Rose Garden podium sign is the perfect meme canvas Wednesday 7:34 PM
- Forest Whitaker to produce adaptation of novel ‘Hello, Universe’ for Netflix Wednesday 6:58 PM
- Baltimore still refuses to pay hackers who hit city with ransomware Wednesday 5:34 PM
- Net neutrality advocates slam ‘extremely troubling’ letter circulating among some House Dems Wednesday 4:52 PM
- Moms and grandmas are infiltrating TikTok Wednesday 4:35 PM
- Did Britain’s head Brexiter hide in a bus to avoid getting hit by a milkshake? Wednesday 4:26 PM
- This woman who thought she saw a handmaid about to jump from a building is very relieved Wednesday 4:18 PM
- Michael Avenatti allegedly defrauded Stormy Daniels to pay for a Ferrari Wednesday 3:53 PM
- HBO has no plans for an Arya Stark spinoff series Wednesday 3:28 PM
- Republicans and Democrats agree on dangers of facial recognition tech Wednesday 3:18 PM
- Amazon is using video games and ‘swag bucks’ to incentivize workers Wednesday 3:04 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in June Wednesday 2:46 PM
- This Michael Jackson makeup meme is sweeping TikTok Wednesday 2:45 PM
‘Laura Fern’ is the new celebrity holiday decoration we didn’t know we needed
Merry Laura Fernmas!
Celebrity-themed decoration puns are already one of the greatest additions to our collective holiday traditions with Wreath Witherspoon and a Chris Pine, but Star Wars: The Last Jedi star Kelly Marie Tran’s Christmas gift this year is more than worthy of becoming the next great holiday tree-dition.
It’s no secret that much of the Last Jedi cast are huge fans of fellow castmate Laura Dern, who plays Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in the film, so two of Tran’s friends gifted her a “Laura Fern.” The Laura Fern is a small silver tree adorned with photos of Dern that sparkles when the light hits it, and Tran already has a fitting holiday tune for it.
Among the fern’s fans? Dern herself.
“Oh my gosh. Merry Christmas, everybody,” Dern commented. “This is genius and hilarious. How arrogant will I sound if I say all I want for Christmas is a…#laurafern? Especially sitting next to my #wreathwitherspoon. Ok, next Christmas.”
Luckily, with nearly a year before next Christmas we’ve all got plenty of time to properly decorate our own Laura Ferns.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.