- Poster for ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ gets mercilessly roasted 1 Year Ago
- How to steam March Madness 2019 for free 1 Year Ago
- Trump maintains attack on late John McCain 1 Year Ago
- How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat Today 6:30 AM
- Drag queens are calling on DirecTV to keep Viacom channels Today 6:16 AM
- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
‘Laura Fern’ is the new celebrity holiday decoration we didn’t know we needed
Merry Laura Fernmas!
Celebrity-themed decoration puns are already one of the greatest additions to our collective holiday traditions with Wreath Witherspoon and a Chris Pine, but Star Wars: The Last Jedi star Kelly Marie Tran’s Christmas gift this year is more than worthy of becoming the next great holiday tree-dition.
It’s no secret that much of the Last Jedi cast are huge fans of fellow castmate Laura Dern, who plays Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo in the film, so two of Tran’s friends gifted her a “Laura Fern.” The Laura Fern is a small silver tree adorned with photos of Dern that sparkles when the light hits it, and Tran already has a fitting holiday tune for it.
Among the fern’s fans? Dern herself.
“Oh my gosh. Merry Christmas, everybody,” Dern commented. “This is genius and hilarious. How arrogant will I sound if I say all I want for Christmas is a…#laurafern? Especially sitting next to my #wreathwitherspoon. Ok, next Christmas.”
Luckily, with nearly a year before next Christmas we’ve all got plenty of time to properly decorate our own Laura Ferns.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.