- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Friday 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Friday 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Friday 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Friday 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Friday 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Friday 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Friday 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Friday 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Friday 10:30 AM
When will Keanu Reeves finally become a Jedi?
If a person could become an honorary Jedi Knight, then Reeves would surely already hold the title. Most of the internet is head-over-heels for the down-to-earth actor. We would all be delighted to see the 55-year-old join the ranks of lightsaber-wielding badasses—and one fan has made that dream a reality.
It may not be the real deal, but YouTuber stryder HD‘s fan edit of Reeves as Jedi Knight Revan has fans drooling over the concept.
Reeves has experienced a massive resurgence in popularity over the past year, as people all over the web fell back in love with him. It follows, therefore, that fans of both Star Wars and Reeves would collectively swoon over the idea of Reeves donning his Jedi robes.
Stryder’s video seamlessly edits footage from Reeves’ prior projects with Star Wars scenes. They even took the time to imagine the perfect role for Reeves: Revan, the leader of the Revanchrist Jedi. This renegade faction of the Jedi Order split from the main body of Jedi in 3964 BBY. Revan successfully leads his Jedi into multiple battles during the Mandalorian Wars.
“Reeves has found a resurgence… with his John Wick movie series, but also his contemplative nature and a general sense of being a good guy,” stryder wrote in the video’s description. “He’s also complex and layered, bringing to life these characters that you couldn’t imagine anyone else embodying.”
Revan’s intriguing background and story arc are already fascinating to viewers, made all the more so with the addition of Reeves. The comment section for the video was quickly flooded by eager fans voicing their support of the casting.
“That’s dope as all hell,” one commenter wrote. “I wish this was a reality.”
Maybe stryder’s video will give Disney some ideas?
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.