- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
- Trump thinks Google made 16 million people vote for Clinton Monday 12:54 PM
Chris Pratt’s roles collide in ‘Jurassic Parks and Recreation’ mashup
It’s the mashup we Parks fans have been waiting for.
“Jurassic Parks and Recreation.” It had to happen.
Jurassic World is going to be one of the biggest movies of 2015, aided by Chris Pratt‘s success in Guardians of the Galaxy. But just because Pratt is an intergalactic superhero and part-time velociraptor wrangler doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten his comedy roots.
The “Jurassic Parks and Recreation” jokes started as soon as Pratt was cast in the movie, and now, finally, there’s a mashup trailer for the joke: Parks and Rec‘s Andy Dwyer in a dinosaur-heavy environment.
One of the awesome things about Pratt’s burgeoning Hollywood career is that he plays exactly the kind of characters Andy Dwyer might pretend to be. Star-Lord? Clearly Andy’s Halloween costume circa 1990. Jurassic World‘s Owen? Hello, his job includes riding a motorcycle through the jungle while surrounded by a pack of raptor pals. That sounds like a character made up by an over-excited 9-year-old, which is totally Andy Dwyer’s M.O.
Honestly, this makes us wish even more for another season of Parks and Rec after the one premiering next Tuesday. They could have done so much with those Jurassic Park references.
Photo via Jurassic World
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor