- How to stream Packers vs. Lions on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:15 PM
- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
J.K. Rowling has made a habit lately of revealing odd new details about the Harry Potter series, from Hogwarts’ lack of bathrooms to Dumbledore’s sex life. But with the new ‘J.K. Rowling reveals’ meme, people are imagining that Rowling has revealed something astonishing about themselves.
9GAG, a meme sharing website and app, started the meme with a tweet suggesting users write “J.K. Rowling reveals that you” and then create a sentence with the predictive text on a cellphone.
Twitter users took heed. Some of the results users shared were motivating and endearing, the exact kind of positive affirmation you’d want if Rowling were to ever acknowledge your existence.
Writer Isha Bassi was blessed with, “J.K. Rowling reveals that you can always be happy with the beauty of your work and how much you love to take care of your life.”
JK Rowling reveals that you can always be happy with the beauty of your work and how much you love to take care of your life— Isha Bassi (@Isha_Bassi) March 28, 2019
okay wow who’s suddenly crying on the train home https://t.co/WDYftI24PO
JK Rowling reveals that you are a little nervous and that sometimes you have a little more diversity in your own home. https://t.co/k3WsCqCkxi— rey (@incorrectmarvel) March 28, 2019
Some of the revelations, however, were a little less wholesome.
“J.K. Rowling reveals that you know that your father doesn’t love you,” was the result for Twitter user @indiewashere.
jk rowling reveals that you know that your father doesn't love you... i- https://t.co/hKDlia1eNz— indie (@INDIEWASHERE) March 28, 2019
As is often the case with predictive case, some of the results were just jumbled nonsense.
JK Rowling reveals that you have a great new years and you work on them goals for next year and you will be able to see the rest of the year and I'm continuing to post some of my friends got some more planned for this year as soon as I'm done with these jobs I have on the job https://t.co/ew08CqMlrp— BossLogic (@Bosslogic) March 28, 2019
And some people skipped the predictive text altogether, injecting their own opinions under the guise of a Rowling revelation.
JK Rowling reveals that you should buy and stream Two Of Us by louis tomlinson and stan this underrated king if you want good lyrics, angelic voice, BOPs and clear skin https://t.co/1TyG5X89z5— SOUDE (@LouisLokinson) March 28, 2019
JK Rowling reveals that you should stop with this meme, because she doesn't reveal things randomly: she answers questions that some fans ask, and she doesn't deserve to be publicly attacked for it. https://t.co/vrxpNjsNEI— Gazette du Sorcier (@GazetteSorcier) March 28, 2019
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.