- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Today 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Today 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Today 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Today 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Today 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
After Vincent D’Onofrio stole our hearts as the eccentric crime boss Wilson Fisk in Daredevil, the next Marvel Netflix villain has a lot to live up to. So, it’s just as well they hired an actor as good as David Tennant to fill the role.
Tennant’s Kilgrave (also known as Purple Man, although we suspect they’re dropping that moniker for the Netflix adaptation) will terrorize Hell’s Kitchen in Jessica Jones. You can catch your first real sign of him in this new teaser trailer, which features his menacingly hypnotic voice.
While former superhero and current private detective Jessica Jones has plain ol’ super-strength, Kilgrave’s superpowers are rather more insidious. He has the ability to control people’s minds and actions through a combination of pheromones (yes, smell), and vocal manipulation.
Judging by this teaser, he already seems satisfyingly creepy.
Screengrab via JessicaJones/Twitter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor