- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
New ‘Jessica Jones’ teaser introduces David Tennant as Kilgrave
Catch David Tennant’s hypnotic performance as the series’ insidious new villain.
After Vincent D’Onofrio stole our hearts as the eccentric crime boss Wilson Fisk in Daredevil, the next Marvel Netflix villain has a lot to live up to. So, it’s just as well they hired an actor as good as David Tennant to fill the role.
Tennant’s Kilgrave (also known as Purple Man, although we suspect they’re dropping that moniker for the Netflix adaptation) will terrorize Hell’s Kitchen in Jessica Jones. You can catch your first real sign of him in this new teaser trailer, which features his menacingly hypnotic voice.
While former superhero and current private detective Jessica Jones has plain ol’ super-strength, Kilgrave’s superpowers are rather more insidious. He has the ability to control people’s minds and actions through a combination of pheromones (yes, smell), and vocal manipulation.
Judging by this teaser, he already seems satisfyingly creepy.
Screengrab via JessicaJones/Twitter
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor