- Man dragged for recording, posting video of neighbor being ‘killed’ instead of helping 3 Weeks Ago
- How to stream Saints vs. Bears in Week 7 Today 3:25 PM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Ravens in Week 7 Today 3:25 PM
- Are TikTok teens throwing up gang signs in their videos? Today 2:45 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters believe ‘deep state’ tried to sabotage rally Today 12:51 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Redskins in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Cardinals vs. Giants in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Raiders in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Vikings vs. Lions in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- How to stream Rams vs. Falcons in Week 7 Today 12:00 PM
- Billie Eilish fans think they figured out who stole her ring Today 11:32 AM
- ‘Give me candy’: Hailey Bieber mocked for defense of celebrating Halloween as a Christian Today 10:28 AM
- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
Colin Trevorrow will direct once again, co-writing the screenplay with Emily Carmichael (Pacific Rim: Uprising). Trevorrow announced the casting news at a special screening of Jurassic Park in Hollywood on Tuesday, finally confirming the speculation of a reunion.
The original Jurassic Park is still the most popular installment in the franchise, with the latest movie, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, earning mixed reviews. Following in the footsteps of Star Wars, Terminator and Star Trek, it’s possible that a reunion of fan-favorite characters will help to revitalize the franchise. Goldblum had a cameo role in the last movie, inspiring speculation that he’d return for Jurassic World 3, and there’s a lot of nostalgia value attached to Neill and Dern as Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler.
Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will reprise their roles from the first two Jurassic World movies, with the old guard likely to take on a supporting role like Han, Leia, and Luke in the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
We can also expect some big changes in Jurassic World 3 since the franchise no longer focuses on theme parks. Fallen Kingdom ended with the dinosaurs escaping into the wild, and judging by this recent short spinoff, they’re now causing havoc in public places. Maybe the government will recruit the old guard of Jurassic Park to take care of the problem.
- Chris Pratt is hopelessly obnoxious in ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’
- Watch the new ‘Jurassic World’ short film ‘Battle at Big Rock’
- Giant Jeff Goldblum statue celebrates his greatest ‘Jurassic Park’ triumph
Want more reviews and interviews from Gavia Baker-Whitelaw? Sign up here to receive her biweekly geek culture newsletter.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor