- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? 5 Years Ago
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Today 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Today 1:13 PM
- Kobe Bryant’s Oscar-winning ‘Dear Basketball’ is now available to stream for free (updated) Today 12:21 PM
- ‘Joker’ ad compares Todd Phillips to Gandhi Today 12:10 PM
- Mom learned about her special needs son’s abuse by seeing TikTok video Today 11:21 AM
- Influencer gets revenge on her male trolls with Instagram account Today 10:32 AM
- Conservatives are frothing over a Ukraine joke told on CNN Today 10:26 AM
- Dua Lipa isn’t canceled—but her fans are defending her in #DuaLipaIsOverParty like she is Today 9:21 AM
- These YouTube videos claim to show the Kobe Bryant helicopter crash (they don’t) Today 9:08 AM
- More than 40 colleges say they won’t use facial recognition on campus Today 8:32 AM
- LeBron’s Instagram tribute to Kobe is devastating Today 7:56 AM
- ‘Rise of Empires: Ottoman’ is ‘Game of Thrones’ for history buffs Today 7:00 AM
- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
Jared Leto unveils his Joker makeup via Snapchat
The Suicide Squad Joker gave us a fleeting glimpse of the terror in our future.
No one can take the title of world’s most colorful villain away from the Joker, as his latest actor Jared Leto proves. Leto took to Snapchat to share a fleeting sneak peek at the latest stage in his slow transformation into DC Comics’ Suicide Squad wild card.
Fortunately, Italian website Bad Taste caught the snapshot before it vanished into the ether. We have to warn you, between what looks like a hair net and the putrid toxic waste shade of the Joker’s violent green hair, this isn’t one of Leto’s better selfies:
Then again, considering he’s playing a man who slices people’s faces open with a razor, this look is downright companionable.
The Oscar-winner, together with Squad director David Ayer, has been steadily doling out glimpses of his transition from cleancut actor to everyone’s favorite eccentric psychopath. Leto first went full platinum for the hair change, probably to get his famous flowing locks accustomed to the shock of being chopped and dyed.
Suicide Squad won’t be out until the fall of 2016, but it looks like Leto is already totally into the part.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.