- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
Jared Leto unveils his Joker makeup via Snapchat
The Suicide Squad Joker gave us a fleeting glimpse of the terror in our future.
No one can take the title of world’s most colorful villain away from the Joker, as his latest actor Jared Leto proves. Leto took to Snapchat to share a fleeting sneak peek at the latest stage in his slow transformation into DC Comics’ Suicide Squad wild card.
Fortunately, Italian website Bad Taste caught the snapshot before it vanished into the ether. We have to warn you, between what looks like a hair net and the putrid toxic waste shade of the Joker’s violent green hair, this isn’t one of Leto’s better selfies:
Then again, considering he’s playing a man who slices people’s faces open with a razor, this look is downright companionable.
The Oscar-winner, together with Squad director David Ayer, has been steadily doling out glimpses of his transition from cleancut actor to everyone’s favorite eccentric psychopath. Leto first went full platinum for the hair change, probably to get his famous flowing locks accustomed to the shock of being chopped and dyed.
Suicide Squad won’t be out until the fall of 2016, but it looks like Leto is already totally into the part.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.