- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Today 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Today 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Today 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Today 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Today 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Today 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Today 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
Jared Leto unveils his Joker makeup via Snapchat
The Suicide Squad Joker gave us a fleeting glimpse of the terror in our future.
No one can take the title of world’s most colorful villain away from the Joker, as his latest actor Jared Leto proves. Leto took to Snapchat to share a fleeting sneak peek at the latest stage in his slow transformation into DC Comics’ Suicide Squad wild card.
Fortunately, Italian website Bad Taste caught the snapshot before it vanished into the ether. We have to warn you, between what looks like a hair net and the putrid toxic waste shade of the Joker’s violent green hair, this isn’t one of Leto’s better selfies:
Then again, considering he’s playing a man who slices people’s faces open with a razor, this look is downright companionable.
The Oscar-winner, together with Squad director David Ayer, has been steadily doling out glimpses of his transition from cleancut actor to everyone’s favorite eccentric psychopath. Leto first went full platinum for the hair change, probably to get his famous flowing locks accustomed to the shock of being chopped and dyed.
Suicide Squad won’t be out until the fall of 2016, but it looks like Leto is already totally into the part.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.