- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Saturday 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Saturday 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Saturday 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Saturday 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Saturday 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Saturday 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan co-starring in a fantasy movie inspired by a 19th-century Russian novella, featuring a giant CGI dragon? It sounds like Reddit mad-libs, but it’s real. The Iron Mask comes out this spring, and the trailer makes it look absolutely ideal for your next so-bad-it’s-good viewing party.
The Iron Mask is actually a sequel to another movie, named Viy after the Nikolai Gogol novella. We’re going to go ahead and assume it doesn’t really resemble the original text, though. The Iron Mask (aka Viy 2: Journey to China) is a Russian/Chinese fantasy adventure movie starring Jason Flemyng in the lead role as explorer Jonathan Green. Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger actually play supporting characters, but for obvious reasons, the trailer features them pretty heavily.
In case that wasn’t enough for you, the movie also stars Rutger Hauer and Game of Thrones actor Charles Dance. A true, old-school B-movie cast.
The Iron Mask already came out in Russia and China last year, and gets a digital release in the U.K. this April, so a U.S. release date is sure to follow.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor