- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts 1 Year Ago
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime 1 Year Ago
- Three ways to secure your Nest cameras 1 Year Ago
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters 1 Year Ago
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Today 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Today 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Today 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Today 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Today 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Today 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Today 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Today 9:26 AM
- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials Today 9:02 AM
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars Today 8:56 AM
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free Today 8:46 AM
‘Avengers: Infinity War’ fans are storming Chris Pratt’s Instagram with spoilers
Warning: This story contains spoilers for Avengers: Infinity War.
When Chris Pratt posted a photo of himself fishing to Instagram on Friday, one user commented: “How tf u gon kill the Avengers like that bro.”
Pratt’s post was innocent enough, but what happened in the new Avengers: Infinity War movie was anything but OK in the eyes of some viewers. According to BuzzFeed, fans are having a hard time coming to terms with the movie’s ending—and they’re also having difficulty mentally separating Pratt from his character.
Pratt’s character, Star-Lord, ends up being the one to cause a major body count at the end of the film. The death toll includes Spider-Man, Black Panther, Bucky Barnes, Doctor Strange, Mantis, Drax, Falcon, Scarlet Witch, Groot, and Star-Lord himself. And that is way too many deaths, according to fans.
So naturally, Avengers fans are taking to Pratt’s Instagram comments to express their anguish.
Still reeling from the #avengers premiere last night. The movie is SOOOOOO GOOOOD!!!! Loved it! Absolutely loved it. Couldn’t be more proud and honored to be part of this unprecedented cinematic event. I’m living the dream. Always love meeting all the cosplaying fans. Here’s a young Nebula. Awesome! What an amazing night.
A post shared by chris pratt (@prattprattpratt) on
“I hate you but I still love you,” one fan commented on Pratt’s photo from the Infinity War premiere, which took place in early April.
From his photo feed, we can see that Pratt is now enjoying time on his farm with his son. Some fans are looking at the cute photos of sheep and wondering whether they should let Star-Lord get away with the crimes he has committed.
“I STILL BLAME YOU FOR EVERYTHING” was one sentiment posted in Pratt’s comment section. “I’m not mad at you. But I’m disappointed in your actions,” was another.
Others are pissed that Instagram users are commenting spoilers.
“You’re ruining the film for people who haven’t had chance to see it yet,” one user scolded.
Not even Twitter is safe from spoilers, memes, and prosecution—or defense—of Pratt.
Sorry Star Lord pic.twitter.com/m5hkIfSbG0
— Anne. (@___ANN3___) April 30, 2018
I hope I never meet Chris Pratt. I will forget he was playing a character, take off my shoe, and beat him upside the head with it.
— Prince of Asgard, God of Mischief, Odinson (@AnotherNerd4) April 28, 2018
We know Star-Lord was flattened to dust at the harrowing end of the new Avengers movie, but we didn’t know he would be murdered a second time on his own social media.
Grace Speas is a news reporter, covering streaming entertainment, internet culture, and viral politics.