- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah 2 Years Ago
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State 2 Years Ago
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina 2 Years Ago
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
Unfortunately for us, divine intervention lost the world its opportunity to see Elba play darts and break hearts as Gaston himself, even though he threw his name into the ring.
In an interview with People, Elba revealed that he actually auditioned for the part but, alas, wasn’t chosen for the role. Instead, Luke Evans beautifully portrayed the vain and vengeful Gaston.
“I honestly love musicals. I auditioned for Beauty and the Beast. I really did, for Gaston, for the movie,” Elba said. “I called, I said, ‘Listen, I want in!’ They were like, ‘Well… Yeah, OK.’ So somewhere they have a tape of me singing.”
While we might not be able to live in this alternate timeline where Elba flexes his charm (and his arms) in a live-action Disney film, could the “tape” of this audition make its way into the daylight? Perhaps not, according to Elba.
“Here’s the thing: no,” Elba when asked about unveiling the audition.
And why can’t the world see this godly gift to earth—was it that bad?
“Well, I didn’t get the part!” Elba said.
Watch Elba’s interview, and get a brief listen to his pipes, in the video below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.