- Who survived the ‘Game of Thrones’ series finale? Sunday 10:21 PM
- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots Sunday 1:28 PM
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations Sunday 1:15 PM
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Sunday 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Sunday 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Sunday 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Sunday 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Sunday 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Sunday 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
Idris Elba reveals he auditioned for Gaston in ‘Beauty and the Beast’
Just think of what we missed out on!
Unfortunately for us, divine intervention lost the world its opportunity to see Elba play darts and break hearts as Gaston himself, even though he threw his name into the ring.
In an interview with People, Elba revealed that he actually auditioned for the part but, alas, wasn’t chosen for the role. Instead, Luke Evans beautifully portrayed the vain and vengeful Gaston.
“I honestly love musicals. I auditioned for Beauty and the Beast. I really did, for Gaston, for the movie,” Elba said. “I called, I said, ‘Listen, I want in!’ They were like, ‘Well… Yeah, OK.’ So somewhere they have a tape of me singing.”
While we might not be able to live in this alternate timeline where Elba flexes his charm (and his arms) in a live-action Disney film, could the “tape” of this audition make its way into the daylight? Perhaps not, according to Elba.
“Here’s the thing: no,” Elba when asked about unveiling the audition.
And why can’t the world see this godly gift to earth—was it that bad?
“Well, I didn’t get the part!” Elba said.
Watch Elba’s interview, and get a brief listen to his pipes, in the video below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.