- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI 4 Years Ago
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
Hugh Jackman’s Instagram post suggests new Wolverine movie will be his last
Are you sad about it, bub?
For 15 years, Australian actor Hugh Jackman has been the face of Marvel‘s most iconic hero, Wolverine. But that run may be coming to an end. On Saturday, Jackman sent out an Instagram post suggesting he may soon be retracting his adamantium claws for good.
Jackman has been rumored to be reprising his role in next year’s upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse; however, the Instagram post implies that may not be accurate. Instead, if Jackman does only have one more superhero movie left in him, it will likely be in the untitled sequel to 2013’s The Wolverine slated for 2017.
Jackman has played Wolverine in seven films: X-Men, X-Men 2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, and The Wolverine.
The actor has publicly gone back and forth about his predictions for the longevity of his take on the character. Jackman said that he intended to “keep playing… [Wolverine] until I die,” but also suggested that the third movie in the spinoff Wolverine series would be his last.
Fans on Twitter reacted with shock and disappointment at the idea that the actor would soon be leaving the franchise.
But…but….but Wolverine is Hugh Jackman, and vice versa!
— Stephen Sharples (@sharpysharps) March 28, 2015
if hugh jackman quits x-men what is the meaning of life anymore
— YOUR BUCKY (@hehehiddles) March 28, 2015
Hugh Jackman’s last time as Wolverine? Dangnamit.
— Conor the Human. (@Nelly1512) March 28, 2015
Although, others appreciated that he would be moving on to new things.
If Hugh Jackman is indeed leaving the X-Men franchise then this is great news. He’s too damn talented to do the same thing over and over.
— Nick Mundy (@dickfundy) March 28, 2015
Aaron Sankin is a former Senior Staff Writer at the Daily Dot who covered the intersection of politics, technology, online privacy, Twitter bots, and the role of dank memes in popular culture. He lives in Seattle, Washington. He joined the Center for Investigative Reporting in 2016.