- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
It’s not everyday you get to ride alongside go-karting royalty.
While in Tokyo to promote Logan, Hugh Jackman noticed something odd about the drivers in the lane next to the car he was in. Instead of regular drivers, he saw a number of people driving in Mario Kart-style go-karts and dressed up like Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, and other characters. It appears to be part of a Tokyo-based go-karting tour like MariCar that lets people dress up like their favorite Mario Kart characters (and a few others) and ride around Tokyo in go-karts.
It doesn’t look like Jackman knew where they came from or why they were on the road, but it didn’t take long for him to respond with enthusiasm. His commentary is absolutely wonderful.
Luckily for everyone around the Mario Kart drivers, it doesn’t look like there were any bananas or shells in sight. Or worse, they could be on Rainbow Road.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.