- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
This is the moment Angela Lansbury and Jerry Orbach made magic on ‘Be Our Guest’
When you can get two Broadway legends in the room to perform at once, something pretty special happens—and the recording of the soundtrack for the animated Beauty and the Beast is no exception.
In a new clip from Howard, an upcoming documentary about the life of legendary lyricist Howard Ashman, viewers are taken behind the scenes of one of the recording sessions for “Be Our Guest.” Jerry Orbach (Lumière) and Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts) are on hand to record their parts of the song. With accompaniment from a live orchestra, it’s already evident to the people in the room that they had something special on their hands, and according to director Ken Wise the soundtrack was recorded like a Broadway cast soundtrack.
“It was musical theater heaven,” composer Alan Menken, who collaborated with Ashman, said.
Seeing Orbach and Lansbury at their best is an absolute treat, but after each take, we can catch glimpses of Ashman at work as he advised the actors about which words to put more emphasis on to create more of what he was looking for.
Howard will debut at the 2018 Tribeca Film Film Festival April 22.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.