- Amy Klobuchar reportedly ate salad with a comb, and Twitter’s got questions 11 Months Ago
- Nobody likes Spotify’s new update 11 Months Ago
- Student assaulted on campus while tabling for right-wing group Today 1:56 PM
- Kim Kardashian West sues fashion company for using her likeness to sell clothes Today 1:12 PM
- The Oscar-nominated movies you’ll actually want to watch again Today 12:56 PM
- Viral graphic shows the moment Apple became the top brand Today 12:27 PM
- Jake Paul calls out KSI for a YouTube boxing match Today 11:31 AM
- This elementary school made students play ‘runaway slave’ Today 11:20 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel’ is already a box office hit Today 11:06 AM
- This ‘buff bunny vs. small bunny’ meme is here for when you’re feeling inferior Today 10:53 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez slams trolls who come at her with ‘weak’ memes Today 10:52 AM
- YouTube just made it awfully easy to harass creators Today 10:16 AM
- Report: Trump the only 2020 contender who won’t rule out using stolen data Today 9:01 AM
- House Republicans offer bipartisan net neutrality bill—but there’s a catch Today 8:30 AM
- This Loki meme is the new way to play dumb Today 7:30 AM
This is the moment Angela Lansbury and Jerry Orbach made magic on ‘Be Our Guest’
When you can get two Broadway legends in the room to perform at once, something pretty special happens—and the recording of the soundtrack for the animated Beauty and the Beast is no exception.
In a new clip from Howard, an upcoming documentary about the life of legendary lyricist Howard Ashman, viewers are taken behind the scenes of one of the recording sessions for “Be Our Guest.” Jerry Orbach (Lumière) and Angela Lansbury (Mrs. Potts) are on hand to record their parts of the song. With accompaniment from a live orchestra, it’s already evident to the people in the room that they had something special on their hands, and according to director Ken Wise the soundtrack was recorded like a Broadway cast soundtrack.
“It was musical theater heaven,” composer Alan Menken, who collaborated with Ashman, said.
Seeing Orbach and Lansbury at their best is an absolute treat, but after each take, we can catch glimpses of Ashman at work as he advised the actors about which words to put more emphasis on to create more of what he was looking for.
Howard will debut at the 2018 Tribeca Film Film Festival April 22.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.