- Was Bloomberg owned harder on the debate stage or by Twitter? 5 Years Ago
- Make ‘Animal Crossing: New Horizons’ your desert island game 5 Years Ago
- Everyone’s trying to dance like Jennifer Lopez on TikTok Today 8:27 AM
- Why the coronavirus bioweapon theory persists Today 7:57 AM
- You won’t see deleted scenes on the ‘Rise of Skywalker’ home release Today 7:47 AM
- The return of ‘Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ throws you right back into the fight Today 7:00 AM
- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? Today 6:00 AM
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
Sometimes, the “How It Should Have Ended” YouTube videos are an affectionate joke at the expense of a movie you loved. Other times, they point out glaring flaws that you can’t unsee. Such is the case with the series’ take on Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Let’s face it: as a villain, Ultron did not make much sense. As an artificial intelligence with no attachment to his corporeal form, he was pretty much indestructible. He had the ability to “escape into the Internet” and control virtually any technology, but instead chose to inhabit an army of robot drones and start physical fights with the Avengers, who proceeded to fight back as if Ultron was just a big robot dude.
The movie (kind of) solved this plot hole by “trapping” Ultron in his android body, but it wasn’t really enough to hold things together.
So, if you’re wondering how Age of Ultron should have ended…Ultron should have won.
Screengrab via How It Should Have Ended/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor