- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk 11 Months Ago
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Today 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Today 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Today 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Today 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Today 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Today 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Today 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Today 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Today 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Today 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Today 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Today 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Today 8:58 AM
- CBS All Access now offers a month for free—just in time for March Madness Today 8:39 AM
‘Hotel Artemis’ trailer introduces a ridiculously star-studded ‘John Wick’ ripoff
Hotel Artemis looks like an entertaining twist on John Wick‘s hotel for assassins. Boasting a star-studded cast, it’s a sci-fi/action thriller about a secret hospital for hardened criminals. This trailer is the first we’ve heard of the movie, and we’re already in love.
Jodie Foster stars as the hospital’s owner, backed up by Dave Bautista as a nurse, and Sofia Boutella as… some kind of glamorous hospital assassin? Whatever. It’s that kind of movie. Sterling K. Brown plays a thief who takes his brother to the hospital during an emergency, prompting a siege from crime boss Jeff Goldblum. The supporting cast includes Zachary Quinto, Charlie Day and Jenny Slate, and to be honest, these actors are enough to sell the movie on their own.
Written and directed by Iron Man 3 co-writer Drew Pearce, Hotel Artemis looks stylish and very fun. We expect to see plenty of comparisons to John Wick, but aside from the similar premise of the hotel/hospital for criminals, Hotel Artemis is clearly different in tone. It looks more comedic, and with actors like Jeff Goldblum, Charlie Day, and Jenny Slate onboard, you know things are going to get a little weird.
Hotel Artemis comes out on June 8.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.