- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke 5 Years Ago
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
The retailer’s Penny Dreadful collection is dedicated to a faux-Victorian style inspired by Eva Green’s Penny Dreadful character Vanessa Ives, who wears some truly stunning costumes on the show. Unfortunately, Hot Topic’s interpretation mostly aims for minidresses and tank tops rather than floor-length vampire gowns, but hey, they probably know what sells. If you want something more authentic, you’ll have to spend a lot of money on Ebay and Etsy.
Our favorite detail from this video is the scorpion lace, which looks like an abstract pattern until you take a closer look. The 1890s London map dress will also be a hit among Sherlock Holmes fans, although we’re not sure what wet-look leggings have to do with Penny Dreadful or the Victorian era.
For a full-on Vanessa Ives aesthetic (i.e. hollow eyes, messy hair, and an air of being personally tormented by Satan), we recommend this makeup tutorial and these hair instructions from XOVain. Summer may be on its way, but it’s never too late to embrace your inner goth.
Screengrab via hottopic/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor