- Elon Musk’s Cybertruck mocked after ball busts windows during demonstration Today 12:23 AM
- Pornhub has a bundle now, Disney+ style Thursday 11:27 PM
- Jacob Wohl’s dad is selling horny calendars of himself for the soldiers Thursday 11:10 PM
- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
The retailer’s Penny Dreadful collection is dedicated to a faux-Victorian style inspired by Eva Green’s Penny Dreadful character Vanessa Ives, who wears some truly stunning costumes on the show. Unfortunately, Hot Topic’s interpretation mostly aims for minidresses and tank tops rather than floor-length vampire gowns, but hey, they probably know what sells. If you want something more authentic, you’ll have to spend a lot of money on Ebay and Etsy.
Our favorite detail from this video is the scorpion lace, which looks like an abstract pattern until you take a closer look. The 1890s London map dress will also be a hit among Sherlock Holmes fans, although we’re not sure what wet-look leggings have to do with Penny Dreadful or the Victorian era.
For a full-on Vanessa Ives aesthetic (i.e. hollow eyes, messy hair, and an air of being personally tormented by Satan), we recommend this makeup tutorial and these hair instructions from XOVain. Summer may be on its way, but it’s never too late to embrace your inner goth.
Screengrab via hottopic/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor