- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Dress like you’re in a fairy tale with this limited-edition fashion collection.
Disney teamed up with the retailer to bring some of the magic of Cinderella to your daily wardrobe. The new, limited-edition line was inspired by the costumes and classic story moments from the upcoming live-action film. There are five pieces in the collection: a peasant sweetheart dress, Victorian waistcoat, striped knit top, high waisted skirt, and corset ball gown. An exclusive line of jewelry will also be released along with other more Cinderella products.
“We are all such big fans of Cinderella here at Hot Topic, and are thrilled to have been given the opportunity to create a fashion collection inspired by Disney’s upcoming live-action film,” Hot Topic’s senior vice president of merchandising and marketing Cindy Levitt said in a statement. “The collection has just enough twists to make it wearable, but is still a bit magical, for our fan girl customer.”
The designs follow the same subtle look as Hot Topic’s previous movie tie-in lines for Maleficent and The Book of Life. Outside of the corset ball gown and the carriage detailing, most of the items don’t scream Disney or Cinderella. The collection doesn’t stand out quite as much as the previous lines, but it does keep to the classic look of the fairy tale. The little details referencing the film are worked into the pieces well. Fans will want to save up if they want to own this line, with prices ranging from $29.50 to $79.50.
You can get a glimpse of the new line below. The collection is now available for preorder at a discount on HotTopic.com and can be found exclusively in Hot Topic stores starting Feb. 24. The live-action film premieres in theaters March 13.
Photo courtesy Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.