- Report: DACA recipients increasingly being denied federal housing loans 4 Years Ago
- Chris Christie is finally getting praise—for turning down Donald Trump 4 Years Ago
- Net neutrality died last year. But the fight’s just begun Today 1:18 PM
- Kim Kierkegaardashian creator says popular Twitter account ‘speaks to the duality in all of us’ Today 1:02 PM
- Facebook admits that 6.8 million users’ private photos were exposed Today 12:55 PM
- YouTube reviewer heads to homeless shelter to critique the food Today 12:46 PM
- Viral video shows Brooklyn woman’s racist tirade and violent attack Today 12:38 PM
- 7-year-old migrant girl dies in Border Patrol custody Today 11:31 AM
- People are losing it after hearing the end of Ariana Grande’s new song ‘Imagine’ Today 11:28 AM
- Failed Green party candidate was secretly behind this popular QAnon account Today 11:05 AM
- Dude gets dunked on for claiming Keira Knightley’s ‘six pack’ makes her trans Today 10:52 AM
- A theoretical tax on Bud Light has infuriated conservatives Today 10:10 AM
- Tumblr is back on the iOS App Store as NSFW content ban looms Today 10:10 AM
- Here’s why YouTube deleted 58 million videos and a ton of accounts Today 9:43 AM
- The 25 worst passwords of 2018 Today 9:27 AM
Dress like you’re in a fairy tale with this limited-edition fashion collection.
Disney teamed up with the retailer to bring some of the magic of Cinderella to your daily wardrobe. The new, limited-edition line was inspired by the costumes and classic story moments from the upcoming live-action film. There are five pieces in the collection: a peasant sweetheart dress, Victorian waistcoat, striped knit top, high waisted skirt, and corset ball gown. An exclusive line of jewelry will also be released along with other more Cinderella products.
“We are all such big fans of Cinderella here at Hot Topic, and are thrilled to have been given the opportunity to create a fashion collection inspired by Disney’s upcoming live-action film,” Hot Topic’s senior vice president of merchandising and marketing Cindy Levitt said in a statement. “The collection has just enough twists to make it wearable, but is still a bit magical, for our fan girl customer.”
The designs follow the same subtle look as Hot Topic’s previous movie tie-in lines for Maleficent and The Book of Life. Outside of the corset ball gown and the carriage detailing, most of the items don’t scream Disney or Cinderella. The collection doesn’t stand out quite as much as the previous lines, but it does keep to the classic look of the fairy tale. The little details referencing the film are worked into the pieces well. Fans will want to save up if they want to own this line, with prices ranging from $29.50 to $79.50.
You can get a glimpse of the new line below. The collection is now available for preorder at a discount on HotTopic.com and can be found exclusively in Hot Topic stores starting Feb. 24. The live-action film premieres in theaters March 13.
Photo courtesy Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.