- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge 4 Years Ago
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett 4 Years Ago
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
- The QBaby’s parents are already trying to profit off their kid’s fame Today 7:45 AM
- How do 4DX movies work? Today 7:00 AM
Dress like you’re in a fairy tale with this limited-edition fashion collection.
Disney teamed up with the retailer to bring some of the magic of Cinderella to your daily wardrobe. The new, limited-edition line was inspired by the costumes and classic story moments from the upcoming live-action film. There are five pieces in the collection: a peasant sweetheart dress, Victorian waistcoat, striped knit top, high waisted skirt, and corset ball gown. An exclusive line of jewelry will also be released along with other more Cinderella products.
“We are all such big fans of Cinderella here at Hot Topic, and are thrilled to have been given the opportunity to create a fashion collection inspired by Disney’s upcoming live-action film,” Hot Topic’s senior vice president of merchandising and marketing Cindy Levitt said in a statement. “The collection has just enough twists to make it wearable, but is still a bit magical, for our fan girl customer.”
The designs follow the same subtle look as Hot Topic’s previous movie tie-in lines for Maleficent and The Book of Life. Outside of the corset ball gown and the carriage detailing, most of the items don’t scream Disney or Cinderella. The collection doesn’t stand out quite as much as the previous lines, but it does keep to the classic look of the fairy tale. The little details referencing the film are worked into the pieces well. Fans will want to save up if they want to own this line, with prices ranging from $29.50 to $79.50.
You can get a glimpse of the new line below. The collection is now available for preorder at a discount on HotTopic.com and can be found exclusively in Hot Topic stores starting Feb. 24. The live-action film premieres in theaters March 13.
Photo courtesy Hot Topic
Lisa Granshaw reports on pop culture and geek fashion and is the founder of GeekFold. You can find her work on Syfy, Boing Boing, and Geek and Sundry.