- Cooking Mama’s return whips up a fresh batch of memes Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Influencer body-shames model, Photoshops photo of self to ‘prove point’ Tuesday 7:27 PM
- Boosie Badazz goes on transphobic rant about Dwyane Wade’s daughter Tuesday 6:34 PM
- Royal Family’s website accidentally links to porn instead of charity Tuesday 5:39 PM
- Republican senator spreads false conspiracy about coronavirus Tuesday 5:11 PM
- New DNA technology could help exonerate Black man serving life sentence Tuesday 4:24 PM
- ‘SNL’s’ Kenan Thompson to host the White House Correspondents’ Dinner Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Summer Walker dragged for insensitive HIV comments Tuesday 2:39 PM
- This video of a teddy bear getting steam cleaned makes a perfect meme Tuesday 2:27 PM
- Ted Cruz goes on Twitter tirade over proposed vasectomy bill Tuesday 2:22 PM
- Billie Eilish says she’s stopped reading Instagram comments Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Christian group blames satanists for Twitter poll results Tuesday 1:41 PM
- Coronavirus has pandemic-themed video games topping charts Tuesday 12:58 PM
- Bloomberg said kids are drawn to socialism because they think it involves social media Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Jake Paul gives ill-informed advice on how to deal with anxiety Tuesday 12:25 PM
Scientist discovers awesome Hellboy dinosaur, and that’s not even the best part
Guilermo del Toro is already hard at work on the film version of the coolest proposal in geek history.
What cosmic timing: The day after Ron Perlman asks the Internet to support Hellboy 3, the earth itself reveals the best prequel ever, a dinosaur bearing his name. It’s so awesome, it led a scientist to propose marriage via the research paper announcing his discovery.
Hellboy is the coolest thunder lizard ever to walk the earth, judging from this artist rendering. The dino apparently descended from the unholy union of a Triceratops and a ‘70s-era jungle room:
As you can see, while Hellboy looks a lot like Triceratops, he’s lacking the distinct large horns above his forehead, and his head plate is frilly instead of solid:
Among the endlessly cool things about this discovery, from the intact skull to the swag nickname to the baseline fact that dinosaurs are always cool, is that it came with a sweet surprise. The two researchers heading up the 10-year-long investigation into the skull were Dr. Caleb Brown and Dr. Donald Henderson, who bears the unbelievably awesome job title Curator of Dinosaurs. After finally publishing their findings in Current Biology, Dr. Brown appended the following footnote:
C.M.B. would specifically like to highlight the ongoing and unwavering support of Lorna O’Brien. Lorna, will you marry me?
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.