- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
Scientist discovers awesome Hellboy dinosaur, and that’s not even the best part
Guilermo del Toro is already hard at work on the film version of the coolest proposal in geek history.
What cosmic timing: The day after Ron Perlman asks the Internet to support Hellboy 3, the earth itself reveals the best prequel ever, a dinosaur bearing his name. It’s so awesome, it led a scientist to propose marriage via the research paper announcing his discovery.
Hellboy is the coolest thunder lizard ever to walk the earth, judging from this artist rendering. The dino apparently descended from the unholy union of a Triceratops and a ‘70s-era jungle room:
As you can see, while Hellboy looks a lot like Triceratops, he’s lacking the distinct large horns above his forehead, and his head plate is frilly instead of solid:
Among the endlessly cool things about this discovery, from the intact skull to the swag nickname to the baseline fact that dinosaurs are always cool, is that it came with a sweet surprise. The two researchers heading up the 10-year-long investigation into the skull were Dr. Caleb Brown and Dr. Donald Henderson, who bears the unbelievably awesome job title Curator of Dinosaurs. After finally publishing their findings in Current Biology, Dr. Brown appended the following footnote:
C.M.B. would specifically like to highlight the ongoing and unwavering support of Lorna O’Brien. Lorna, will you marry me?
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.