- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
- MAGA hat-wearing dog finishes last in ‘Today Show’ fan vote—still named winner Wednesday 2:03 PM
HBO is close to ordering a pilot of a Game of Thrones prequel spinoff, all about House Targaryen, according to Deadline. Game of Thrones creator George R.R. Martin and Ryan J. Condal (Colony) are slated to serve as the executive producers of the series, which will be set 300 years before the events we watched unfold in Game of Thrones.
It will show us the events that led up to and the Dance of the Dragons itself, a Targaryen civil war which occurred about 200 years before the events in Game of Thrones. In Game of Thrones, Shireen Baratheon detailed the civil war after reading a book about it.
“It’s the story of the fight between Rhaenyra Targaryen and her half-brother Aegon for control over the Seven Kingdoms,” Shireen said to her father, Stannis Baratheon, per EW. “Both of them thought they belonged on the Iron Throne. When people started declaring for one of them or the other, their fight divided the kingdoms in two. Brothers fought brothers, dragons fought dragons. By the time it was over, thousands were dead. And it was a disaster for the Targaryens as well. They never truly recovered.”
The series will follow the storyline of Martin’s Fire & Blood, which was released in 2018 and told House Targaryen’s about 150-year history. Fire & Blood is set to be released in two volumes, but the second volume is reportedly years away from release.
Multiple writers tried their hand at writing the pilot script until it was apparently perfected by Condal.
The House Targaryen series has no title, as of yet.
Another untitled, mysterious Game of Thrones prequel is in the works for HBO, which will star Naomi Watts and is set thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones. This prequel’s vibes are reportedly much different than GOT’s, so maybe the House Targaryen series will give fans who are eager for more Game of Thrones what they’ve been craving ever since the show ended in May.
- Everything we know about the ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel spinoffs
- How the Dance of the Dragons tore Westeros apart
- What are all these ‘Game of Thrones’ fans supposed to do now?
Eilish O’Sullivan is the news wire editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Austin Chronicle and the Daily Texan.