- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
We already know that the Harry Potter series is magical, but today we learned that the movie franchise is almost more heartwarming than the books.
Being a part of the Wizarding World helped Maggie Smith defeat breast cancer and cemented a lifelong bond between Daniel Radcliffe and his stunt double, David Holmes, after Holmes was paralyzed attempting an on-set stunt. And Evanna Lynch, who was a die-hard member of the Harry Potter fandom before she nabbed the role of Luna Lovegood, credits the series—and a supportive letter from J.K. Rowling—for helping her successfully battle anorexia.
But wait! There’s more:
Being the savvy Harry Potter fans we are, we knew some—but not all—of these facts already. Still, seeing them listed reminds us that the Harry Potter community is huge—and the actors are just as much a part of it as we are.
Thanks for not killing off Ron, Jo.
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.