- Mastodon is crumbling—and many blame its creator 4 Years Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ hints at Spock’s new role in the season 2 premiere 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Rachel Maddow’ online for free 4 Years Ago
- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
Someone put a Harry Potter ‘Monster Book of Monsters’ cover on their senior thesis
We wish we could have seen her professor’s face when she turned in this assignment.
Meet the Monster Book of Monsters.
If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you already know it, love it, and quite probably fear it.
Yeah, yeah, unless you’re Draco Malfoy.
The Muggle world is full of tutorials on how to make your own Monster Book of Monsters. And despite our non-magical ways, we do pretty well for ourselves:
But today, friends, our focus is not on the wide world of Monster Book of Monsters Tutorials, but on one lone redditor with a dream—a dream of being done with her senior thesis.
Redditor RockerOfTheSocks decided to make our day Thursday by sharing this gem with the r/HarryPotter subreddit. “I thought you guys might appreciate the book I made to put my senior research paper over Harry Potter in,” she wrote.
RockerOfTheSocks, you are truly the Fan Who Lived to inspire us to go to Michaels and buy some cheap fur and googly eyes and hot-glue them to a Trapper-Keeper. Can you imagine how happy it must have made this kid’s professor to receive a research paper that looked like this?
It looks so friendly, too. Even Neville Longbottom could stroke the spine of this book without fear.
We hope the contents of the paper are as exciting as the cover. This might be the only time in history a teacher has ever actually looked forward to grading homework.
When pressed to explain the obsession by a hater who was promptly downvoted into oblivion, RockerOfTheSocks modestly answered, “I just really like crafting and creating things :)”
Photo via moriartistic/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Aja Romano is a geek culture reporter and fandom expert. Their reporting at the Daily Dot covered everything from Harry Potter and anime to Tumblr and Gamergate. Romano joined Vox as a staff reporter in 2016.