- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Previews for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the upcoming two-part Harry Potter stage play, will soon be upon us. And since we’ve already met the Potters, it’s time for fans to meet the Granger-Weasleys.
Pottermore released official cast photos of Ron, Hermione, and their daughter Rose on Wednesday morning, revealing just how much (and how little) has changed in the 19 years since the events of Deathly Hallows. Paul Thornley, Noma Dumezweni, and Cherrelle Skeete will portray, Ron, Hermione, and Rose respectively.
For one thing, Pottermore reveals that Ron and Hermione decided to hyphen their surnames—which falls in line with Emma Watson’s belief that Hermione wouldn’t just change her name to Weasley.
Rose Granger-Weasley is the character we know the least about, but we’ll recognize flashes of her character in a beloved bookworm we’re more than familiar with. J.K. Rowling described her as being “like her mother, but more secure, more grounded.”
“Rose is ambitious, obviously her mum is Hermione so she’s got a lot to live up to,” Skeete explained. “I think they’re quite similar in the fact they put a lot of pressure on themselves. And she just wants to do the right thing.”
According to Rowling, Dumezweni “gets Hermione inside out” and is shown with her wand on display.
“Being in full costume for the first time was stunning, because I went, ‘Ahhh there you are’,” she said.
Ron, however, hasn’t really changed much in the 19 years since we’ve last seen him; his feet just hurt a bit more, Rowling notes.
“We had to make it look as though he doesn’t really care what he wears in the morning,” Thornley said. “We wanted to find a jumper, that is definitely his favourite jumper, and that I think gets washed occasionally. He wants to essentially be comfortable at all times, hence comfortable cords, comfortable jumper, comfortable shoes. I don’t believe he’s a man who spends an awful lot of time shopping.”
According to Pottermore, there will be another reveal of The Cursed Child characters on Thursday.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.