- Fan uncovers ‘Westworld’ trailers hidden on fictional company’s website Sunday 8:18 PM
- This trending Twitter hashtag is a lot less sexy than you think Sunday 7:23 PM
- TikTok users share life-changing realizations they’ve had while in the shower Sunday 7:04 PM
- People are torn over viral TikTok of girl cleaning friend’s room Sunday 4:01 PM
- Did Pete Buttigieg seriously just rip-off a famous Obama speech? Sunday 2:50 PM
- The most dangerous TikTok challenges we’ve seen—so far Sunday 2:22 PM
- PewDiePie wants Bernie Sanders to host meme review Sunday 1:44 PM
- Hilary Duff records confrontation with ‘creep’ taking photos of kids Sunday 1:08 PM
- BTS may have used Twitch streamer’s voice in song without permission Sunday 12:15 PM
- Gigi Hadid absolutely obliterates Jake Paul over Zayn Malik diss Sunday 10:26 AM
- People really want Chris Matthews fired after he compared Sanders’ Nevada win to Nazi invasion of France Sunday 9:35 AM
- Bernie Sanders wins Nevada Caucuses Saturday 6:54 PM
- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada Saturday 5:20 PM
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Saturday 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Saturday 3:44 PM
Five days before the first preview performances of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, it’s time to meet the new generation of the Malfoy family.
After seeing photos of Harry, Ron, Hermione, and their children, fans were curious to know what the new, middle-aged Draco Malfoy would look like. These images, featuring Alex Price as Draco and Anthony Boyle as his son Scorpius, are pretty simple, but they still include some clues about the characters’ roles in the play.
Unlike the casual Weasley and Potter family photos, the Malfoy pictures are more austere. Draco and Scorpius pose together like an old-fashioned family portrait, with Draco’s hand resting on Scorpius’s shoulder.
Interestingly, Scorpius’s expression is soft and rather nervous, hinting at a very different personality from his father—an obvious contrast with Rose Weasley, who looks like she inherited Hermione’s confidence and the Weasley Twins’ mischievous spirit.
Like the other young characters in The Cursed Child, Scorpius wears the robes of a Hogwarts student before the sorting ceremony takes place. So while some fans are speculating that Rose Weasley wears a Hufflepuff cardigan, we have no idea whether Scorpius will take after his family’s long-held Slytherin affiliation.
Along with the Malfoy family photos, the play’s creators also shared a behind-the-scenes video of the main cast during their photoshoots. We’re loving Draco’s complicated ponytail braid!
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor