- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam 12 Months Ago
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive 12 Months Ago
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon 12 Months Ago
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ 12 Months Ago
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Today 10:30 AM
- YouTuber who made popular Darth Vader fan film prevails in copyright fight Today 10:09 AM
- Mariah Carey says she ‘doesn’t acknowledge time’ in her 10-year challenge photos Today 10:06 AM
- Beto O’Rourke under fire for supporting controversial Thin Blue Line Act Today 9:26 AM
- These surreal ‘logo misuse’ sections are hilarious, and they’re going viral Today 9:20 AM
- Senators lose their sh*t over Cardi B shutdown Instagram Today 8:45 AM
- Report: Michael Cohen made fake ‘Women for Cohen’ account that tweeted about how hot he is Today 8:32 AM
- ‘Dragon Ball Super: Broly’ unites fans and critics with major opening Today 8:07 AM
- Slack’s users roast the app’s new logo Today 7:17 AM
- What I’ve learned after 100 hours on Sling TV Today 7:00 AM
- Korean action thriller ‘Revenger’ fights its way through mediocrity Today 7:00 AM
Meet young Han Solo in the first trailer for ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’
The long-awaited trailer gives us our first look at young Han, Lando, and Chewie.
The Han Solo movie stars Alden Ehrenreich, joined by Woody Harrelson as the leader of an Ocean’s Eleven-style team including Kira (Game of Thrones‘ Emilia Clarke) and Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover). With glitzy costumes and a comedic tone, this is definitely a (very appropriate) departure from Rogue One, the first Star Wars spinoff. And at long last, we get our first real look at Alden Ehrenreih’s version of Han, who still has that untrustworthy charm without seeming like too much of a Harrison Ford impression.
Interestingly, this trailer doesn’t answer the most hotly contested question about the movie: Will Han be the dorky loser we met in the Original Trilogy, or will he be the charismatic antihero that many fans imagine? It’s impossible to tell from these short clips, but at least there’s one thing we can all agree on: Lando looks awesome.
Solo: A Star Wars Story arrives on May 25.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.