- YouTuber allegedly filmed himself abusing and killing his cat Sunday 5:49 PM
- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Sunday 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Sunday 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Sunday 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Sunday 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Sunday 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Sunday 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Sunday 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
Everyone who was disappointed at the lack of Halo at E3 2017, never fear. Frank O’Connor, the franchise development director at 343 Games, joined Rooster Teeth‘s Burnie Burns and several others in a Sunday morning panel at RTX 2017 in Austin to announce upcoming Halo news.
Earlier this week, O’Connor tweeted this, immediately sparking interest from fans.
Will be a good week to be a Halo fan this week. And a good week for BBQ for me!— Frank O'Connor (@franklez) July 5, 2017
The panel on Saturday saw only a few new announcements, but they were all good news for Halo fans. Halo 3, along with Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4 and Halo: CE Anniversary will all soon be playable on your Xbox One via backwards compatibility. Every Xbox 360 Halo map will also be available for free.
For people that already own the games for 360, this is great news. Even better is the fact that DLC for the games will also be available for free. Previously released news about Halo Wars 2 was touched upon, with a brand new mode called “Terminus Firefight” headed our way along with an expansion for Halo Wars 2 called “Awakening the Nightmare.”
Later this year, fans will see Halo 5 receive an update to support true 4k with the release of Xbox One X, and Halo Wars 2 season pass holders will see two new Banished leaders: Serina and YapYap the Destroyer.
The panelists took the rest of their hour-long slot easy, playing a new game called Halo Match Game with fans to see who could guess what the members of the panel would say to questions like “Had Burnie been in charge of the Halo 5 story, the main antagonist would have actually been ___.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.