- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free 2 Years Ago
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free 2 Years Ago
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Today 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Today 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Today 1:00 AM
- Daily Stormer founder to turn over personal, financial information in lawsuit Saturday 8:51 PM
- Ariana Grande’s ‘7 Rings’ courts controversy Saturday 6:19 PM
- Crowd of MAGA teens attempts to intimidate Native American protester Saturday 4:13 PM
- ‘Generously buttered noodles’ is the bizarre, wholesome meme you didn’t know you needed Saturday 2:07 PM
- All of Machinima’s YouTube videos are gone, stunning creators and fans (updated) Saturday 1:14 PM
- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression Saturday 12:24 PM
The news kept on coming.
Everyone who was disappointed at the lack of Halo at E3 2017, never fear. Frank O’Connor, the franchise development director at 343 Games, joined Rooster Teeth‘s Burnie Burns and several others in a Sunday morning panel at RTX 2017 in Austin to announce upcoming Halo news.
Earlier this week, O’Connor tweeted this, immediately sparking interest from fans.
Will be a good week to be a Halo fan this week. And a good week for BBQ for me!
— Frank O'Connor (@franklez) July 5, 2017
The panel on Saturday saw only a few new announcements, but they were all good news for Halo fans. Halo 3, along with Halo 3: ODST, Halo 4 and Halo: CE Anniversary will all soon be playable on your Xbox One via backwards compatibility. Every Xbox 360 Halo map will also be available for free.
For people that already own the games for 360, this is great news. Even better is the fact that DLC for the games will also be available for free. Previously released news about Halo Wars 2 was touched upon, with a brand new mode called “Terminus Firefight” headed our way along with an expansion for Halo Wars 2 called “Awakening the Nightmare.”
Later this year, fans will see Halo 5 receive an update to support true 4k with the release of Xbox One X, and Halo Wars 2 season pass holders will see two new Banished leaders: Serina and YapYap the Destroyer.
The panelists took the rest of their hour-long slot easy, playing a new game called Halo Match Game with fans to see who could guess what the members of the panel would say to questions like “Had Burnie been in charge of the Halo 5 story, the main antagonist would have actually been ___.”
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.